Adirondack Fishing

I went fishing this morning but quickly ran out of worms. Then I saw an Eastern

Diamondback rattler with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bass bait.

The snake couldn’t bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket. Then I needed to release the snake without getting bit.

I unscrewed my Knob Creek bottle and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. The snake’s eyes rolled back and he went limp. I released him under a bush a few paces away and continued fishing.

A little later, something nudged my foot. There was the snake with another frog in his mouth. Life is good in the Adirondacks.

very funny ::-))
… I once feed a toad to a Python and for some reason it tried to spit it out , so I pushed it a little farter back in it’s mouth . It squirmed , yawned wide and wriggled it’s face in attempt to dislodge the toad from it’s rear fangs , but it was stuck in there pretty good .

Eventually I decided this snake wasn’t going swallow the toad and got tired of watching it struggle to get rid of it … so I gently helped it get the toad removed w/o much trouble at all .

The snake sorta became listless afterwards and soon stopped moving altogether . It died in my lap latter .

Lesson , don’t feed toads to snakes . Turns out they are poisonous to them :frowning: . You’d think the snake expert people at the zoo would of warned me about that , when I explained to them that I believe it’s time to start force feeding this Python because she hadn’t eaten in almost 2 months . Tried all the normal offerings prior but it just wouldn’t eat and was loosing too much weight .

In hind sight I should of just given the snake to the experts but I was encouraged to try the force feed method 1st .

Frogs , yeah frogs are Ok … whiskey I’m not so sure about but if they keep coming back for more then I guess it’s a good partnership .

So what did you catch with the frog ??

You got some balls.
I’d have to drink the whiskey myself first,

before grabbing a rattler…But hell, I’m in

the Catskills, where the snakes and everything

else are only one-sixth the size of those in the dacks.