A drysuit designed for SUP

Cool suit, check it out…

http://stokemagazine.blogspot.com/2012/04/soul-by-ocean-rodeo-drysuit-designed.html

Interesting Design
Looked at the pictures and from the suit you had tried out;

There appears to be a lot of additional fabric to the inner front of the suit. Does this fold over and velcro down?

Are there latex gaskets at the wrist and ankles?

Definitely more stylish than the dry blimp look of some suits I’ve seen. Really nice over jacket!

I’ve been using the Stohlquist EZ which definitely has more of a tailored fit and softer neck gasket (smooth skin neoprene short turtleneck) than the traditional latex. $699 Although the latex gaskets being used on the new Elvis Drysuit (I didn’t invent the name, really) are a whole lot stretchier than what I’ve used in the past.

Cool garb notice. Thanks Rob.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org

One downside is for versatile paddlers.
I like the look/design and apparent comfort of that suit. What’s missing though, is any type of ability to hook up to a skirt like a double tunnel. That would make this suit more versatile for paddlers that raft, SUP and hardboat. Doing multiple paddling types and needing more than one dry suit is ridiculous expensive.

YoS

Overjacket
YoS

That over jacket with your pfd cinched on it should work quite well as a double tunnel. For the ww play boater more of an adjustable neoprene waist on the double tunnel makes some sense but for sea kayaking, it looks to be a rather well thought out garment.

This all comes from wearing lots of other drysuits an playing devils advocate. I haven’t had the opportunity to try this one out.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

A drysuit designed for SUP
Marshall,

Yep there are wrist and ankle gaskets. I’m sure you could trim off the ankle gasket and add a feet gaskets. The baggy front under the jacket is loose and doesn’t velcro or can reduced. When the jacket is zipped over it holds it down well. The overjacket could be used as a double tunnel for kayaking, etc.

And I agree it does look less Michelin Man like compared to many drysuits on the market.