Trinity or Neches Outfitters

I was planning a 3 day paddling and camping trip on any currently navigable Texas river that’s not too far from Austin.

Are there any canoe rental and shuttle services available on the Trinity below Lake Livingston or the Neches above Steinhagen Lake? How about the Colorado

above Lake Buchanan? (Buchanan Adventures only cover the lake).

Any other suggestions?

melenas

Here Are a Few
On the Colorado near Austin try TG Canoe out of San Marcos. Near Columbus on the Colorado talk to Howell Canoea. All very good, very knowlegeable folks.

On the Neches and Trinity, I know there are a couple, but its been to long to remember names. Maybe TexasLady will see this and respond. They know some of the East Texas outfitters pretty well.

Village Creek is a nice trip also.

Have fun!

Thanks, Osprey!
TG Livery told me they only rent the first 6 miles of the San Marcos. I could not find anything on the mentioned sections of the Trinity and Neches. Village Creek would be great if there was a little bit more water, but that may change next week.

If all else fails, I’ll probably end up using Rising Phoenix Adventures out of Bastrop for a Lower Colorado trip to LaGrange, but we always paddle the Colorado!

melenas