Training wheels for the canoe

I like the way our lightweight racing canoe moves and paddles, but it sure didn’t use to be very stable when drifting, or for photography…much less for fishing.

I say “used to be” because all it took to make it into a real dual purpose stable platform was the addition of floats to each side. I recommend some kind of float - I found these in a Florida canoe shop - they are made of tubular molded white foam/plastic and mount to a single aluminum tube bolted across the thwarts. Apparently someone used to make them…In Florida, maybe? …but who was it? Does this description sound familiar to anyone? I don’t see any way to attach a photo, but if anyone wants, write and ask and I’ll send photos. Sure would like to find the maker and thank him.

Roger L. in Colorado

RE: Training wheels for the canoe
Yes, I want to see the all photos and also want to know- How was your experience? Because I’m also planning to have a trip and don’t want to miss anything there.

http://www.rethinkkayak.com

Been thinking on this too
I’ve been thinking about this so that I can have my daughters stand to cast in my canoe. I can do it comfortably, but my daughters are wiggly and not terribly physically aware. A little extra precaution would make me more comfortable. Then again, a month ago my youngest daughter was dancing on the front deck of a sailboat while it was listing 20 degrees and going through chop. She’d make a decent pirate if she were allowed a dog instead of a parrot.

racing boat
I TAKE PICTURES FROM MY C1 ALL THE TIMEG JUST GOT A FEW GOOD SHOTS OF A EAGLE ONE A LOCAL RIVER GOT TO ABOUT

40 YARDS FROM IT

home made
i’m going to try and make some for my canoe so i can stretch, cast and more. plus just to make the canoe more stable when on the lake. i plan on using 2 inch and 6 inch pvc tubing. if it goes well ill post the recipe.