NEAR CRASH

WHILE RETURNING TO THE BOAT RAMP YESTERDAY A LARGE JOHN BOAT CAME @ ME WITH THE BOW HIGH IN THE AIR

I AM IN A 16 FOOT CANOE W/A ELECTRIC MOTOR I WAS OFF TO THE RIGHT OF THE WATERWAY AWAY FROM THE CENTER OF THE WATER AND THIS GUY @ ME EVEN AS I WAS MOVING TOWARD SHORE AS FAST AS I COULD WHEN HE TURNED THE REAR OF HIS BOAT MISSED ME BY 4 FEET I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO TURN INTO THE HUGE WAVE

DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO TO AVOID THIS I HAVE FLASHING BIKE LITE I WILL PUT ON A POLE

I AM SURE W/THE BOW SO HIGH HE COULD NOT SEE

OH AH HE KEEP ON GOING

Wrist Rocket and plenty of shot …
… aluminum Jon boats should make quit a bit of racket when the shots keeps pinging the hull .

I mean getting the Jon operators attention in a profound way should be helpful next time before they get too close . If a closing boat just keeps closing on you , I would expect they don’t know you’re there and don’t see you … gotta do something to alter that possible collision scenario at some point … and sooner is much better than later , 4’ is way too close in the end .

I agree
He likely never knew you were there until almost too late.

I keep an air horn in the emergency box for my raft and canoe.

• Big D

CRASH
THE AIR HORN IS READY NOW

wow
people taker this lightly and although my friend was in a bass boat as was the other guy, they came around a bend and instead of turning from each other, both turned the same way. the other boat hit my friends at a t-bone angle and jumped it. bad thing was the hull of his boat hit my friend in the head and knocked him out and into the water. he can walk now but at first was paralyzed and has permanent brain damage and can’t talk, drive or do anything except exist. i’d have looked to see if i could’ve got his registration or followed him and eventually been charged with assault and battery.

CRASH
I JUST RIGGED UP 2 DRIVING LIGHTS ON A POLE AND A RED TRAILER LIGHT THE EXTRA BATTERY IS OK FOR THE LIGHTS DONT CARE ABOUT THE WEIGHT

Typing in all caps is considered shoutin

He should be shouting…
It’s unconscionable this idiot should be operating a powerboat. You need to be aware of EVEYTHING in the immediate vicinity of your boat…especially paddlecraft. He needs to re-read his USCG rules of the road book. Those laws apply everywhere it’s been designated as "navigable waterway’. You cause a death or injury with that powerboat…you ARE liable.

SHOUT
YA BET I WAS SHOUTING!!!

RULES WONT HELP WHEN THE PROP DOES A JOB

Sucked into the wake
I had a similar instance happen to me. A fella who was pulling skiers came within a few feet of me sitting still. Right as he got to me he made a turn and sucked me into his wake. It happened so fast I didn’t see him coming, the next thing I knew I was pulled backward into his wake. I was able to keep control of my yak but he took off as if nothing happened. I guess I was blessed he was not pulling skiers at the time. A game warden who saw the whole thing said the manner in which it happened made think that it was done on purpose. He went and stopped the guy and scolded him then came and told me I should not be stationary in the middle of the lake. I have not had the same problem again and it has been several years ago. So be careful and aware of surroundings.