What's the 'It' Boat in Sea Kayaks?

For me, whatever “IT” is
has gotta weigh less tha 35 pounds. That’s it!

Coaster

do you remember the Levi’s version?
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/images/12/2008/03/Levis_Gremlin_Ad_QOTD.jpg

Don’t Recall Ever Seeing One
I thought they looked cool with oversized wheels & tires on the back… with a black paint job.

Hey I owned a gremlin
Hey I owned a 1974 Gremlin lime green manual sterring 3 speed stick am radio and it had points that needed replacment every few months. College car for $300. Solid transportion. Dont be dissing my old Gremlin, with snow tires it blasted through the snow. To bad I dont have any pictures of that old ugly car but bar far uglyest car ever was by Volkswagon it was called the “Thing”. Not that was ugly, made a Pacer or Gremlin look good.

maybe helium in sealed hatches
or for the adventurous hydrogen. Maybe light enough you can walk/float it in the air to the water. Maybe make it from that anti-gravity stuff they mine in Avatar.

hydrogen?!?
Das Hindenburg kayak!!! =0

I miss those cars
I still have the hot wheels version.

I almost bought an Aztek…
I almost bought an Aztek…Not because they were cool looking - but for the total opposite reason…

Buying my first car in Miami area - initially thought something sensible like a civic/corolla/whatever - then looked up the insurance rates - turns out it is quite costly to insure those cars down here - while an Aztek was about half the price to insure, and cheap as dirt - as people were to trying to offload them from their driveways as fast as possible to stop the non-stop ridicule. Reason for the cheaper insurance it turns out was because they had a low likely-hood of being stolen, while missing civics/etc is quite a common event (in comparison) and more likely to be associated with an accident per capita (again, in my area).

Test drove a few of them - not horrible, if you expect it to drive like a mini-van and had lots of neat options (tent, etc) and attachment points - if I was into kayaking back then - I might have got it, just because it would do the job pretty well as a kayak/water sports (but not boat) carrier…alas then I found out Mustang Convertibles weren’t that much more to insure than Azteks and went that route instead :wink:

Marketing blah
Top 10 this

Best that

“the” bike

“it” boat

Only a fool can’t see through such marketing ploy and believe whatever the marketing department put out as the one “whatever” that does it all!

I chuckle every time I see this kind of junk got presented.

One of two.
The one I’m in or the one I’m not.

The rest are rubbish.

No prob

translation:
“Yargle bargle, you damn kids, git off my lawn!!” =D

Yes abc, we’re all aware of the limitations of such discussions. But sometimes ppl just wanna shoot the breeze a little anyway.

Sorry if I played on your lawn. :wink:

Now that you’ve realized…
the question was more than just “a little” silly, play on with your silly game!

will do, gramps =)

Pacer
One of the more clever personalized license plates I’ve seen was on the back of a Pacer. “MY EGG”

The it boat
is an Illusion ;^)

Doesn’t exactly answer the ‘why’ though
… as in, why is composite ‘junk’? =[

You did mention durability in passing earlier, but, what?.. composite can’t be durable? That would seem to be more a function of what kind of layup is used.

A lot of manufacturers seem to be prioritizing low weight at the expense of durability these days. But I don’t know that that makes composites in general junk… maybe ‘elite’/lightweight layups done in composite, more like.

Here’s an article on the subject you may like/possibly concur with:

http://www.kayakquixotica.com/2011/10/27/cant-take-a-punch/

now in xtra crispy!

Not funny to me…
I find no humor at others misfortune, i.e. holocost jokes ect. Making a joke of someone’s accidental loss in their ability to make their morgage, put bread on the table or continue to grow a small business is poor taste at best IMO. Maybe I’m extra aware since I’m self employed; living the american dream,(one accident away from going belly up fiscally).

Shame on you.