What's the 'It' Boat in Sea Kayaks?

Hey I owned a gremlin
Hey I owned a 1974 Gremlin lime green manual sterring 3 speed stick am radio and it had points that needed replacment every few months. College car for $300. Solid transportion. Dont be dissing my old Gremlin, with snow tires it blasted through the snow. To bad I dont have any pictures of that old ugly car but bar far uglyest car ever was by Volkswagon it was called the “Thing”. Not that was ugly, made a Pacer or Gremlin look good.

maybe helium in sealed hatches
or for the adventurous hydrogen. Maybe light enough you can walk/float it in the air to the water. Maybe make it from that anti-gravity stuff they mine in Avatar.

hydrogen?!?
Das Hindenburg kayak!!! =0

I miss those cars
I still have the hot wheels version.

I almost bought an Aztek…
I almost bought an Aztek…Not because they were cool looking - but for the total opposite reason…

Buying my first car in Miami area - initially thought something sensible like a civic/corolla/whatever - then looked up the insurance rates - turns out it is quite costly to insure those cars down here - while an Aztek was about half the price to insure, and cheap as dirt - as people were to trying to offload them from their driveways as fast as possible to stop the non-stop ridicule. Reason for the cheaper insurance it turns out was because they had a low likely-hood of being stolen, while missing civics/etc is quite a common event (in comparison) and more likely to be associated with an accident per capita (again, in my area).

Test drove a few of them - not horrible, if you expect it to drive like a mini-van and had lots of neat options (tent, etc) and attachment points - if I was into kayaking back then - I might have got it, just because it would do the job pretty well as a kayak/water sports (but not boat) carrier…alas then I found out Mustang Convertibles weren’t that much more to insure than Azteks and went that route instead :wink:

Marketing blah
Top 10 this

Best that

“the” bike

“it” boat

Only a fool can’t see through such marketing ploy and believe whatever the marketing department put out as the one “whatever” that does it all!

I chuckle every time I see this kind of junk got presented.

One of two.
The one I’m in or the one I’m not.

The rest are rubbish.

No prob

translation:
“Yargle bargle, you damn kids, git off my lawn!!” =D

Yes abc, we’re all aware of the limitations of such discussions. But sometimes ppl just wanna shoot the breeze a little anyway.

Sorry if I played on your lawn. :wink:

Now that you’ve realized…
the question was more than just “a little” silly, play on with your silly game!

will do, gramps =)

Pacer
One of the more clever personalized license plates I’ve seen was on the back of a Pacer. “MY EGG”

The it boat
is an Illusion ;^)

Doesn’t exactly answer the ‘why’ though
… as in, why is composite ‘junk’? =[

You did mention durability in passing earlier, but, what?.. composite can’t be durable? That would seem to be more a function of what kind of layup is used.

A lot of manufacturers seem to be prioritizing low weight at the expense of durability these days. But I don’t know that that makes composites in general junk… maybe ‘elite’/lightweight layups done in composite, more like.

Here’s an article on the subject you may like/possibly concur with:

http://www.kayakquixotica.com/2011/10/27/cant-take-a-punch/

now in xtra crispy!

Not funny to me…
I find no humor at others misfortune, i.e. holocost jokes ect. Making a joke of someone’s accidental loss in their ability to make their morgage, put bread on the table or continue to grow a small business is poor taste at best IMO. Maybe I’m extra aware since I’m self employed; living the american dream,(one accident away from going belly up fiscally).

Shame on you.

I know , I know – too soon.
But as one who has been through some tragedies, I find that, eventually, you do have to be able to laugh about it.

Otherwise, events just take you down.

Celia, Now that would be my kind of
boat and I’d be right behind you in line.

Just paddled it!
Valley Gemini SP. Fit a very much smaller friend and fit big me!

I hear they will be making one in plastic!

Fit big you?
Valley’s website says ‘Max suitable load 190 lbs’ for the Geminis.

Are you over or under that?