Osprey Solo S&G new plans- any builders?

Hey all,

I’m considering building the S&G version of the Green Valley Osprey Solo canoe.

I’ve seen posts by some of the early builders indicating they had problems with the panel offsets. The plans have since been revised, and I was just wondering if anyone had built this canoe to the new plans. If so, did you have any issue with the panels? Any other issues?

Thanks much,

Neil

build one 3 years ago
it paddles great

blogg of the build

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?18033-osprey-glue-and-stitch&highlight=osprey+winters

Panel Fit
Thanks, lennart, for the link/pics!

Just to make sure I understand:

• I believe you say you built your Osprey S&G from the revised plans?

• You say at one point you had no problems with the fit of the panels?

• But at another point, you say “my rocker is not as planned. I have made some mistakes during the build…” Can you tell me what you think the mistakes were? If the panels all fit together properly, how could the rocker have ended up wrong?

The boat looks great - I’m just trying to anticipate any issues before plans purchase and/or starting to build.

Thanks!

Neil

answers

• I believe you say you built your Osprey S&G from the revised plans?

yes

• You say at one point you had no problems with the fit of the panels?

corrret

• But at another point, you say “my rocker is not as planned. I have made some mistakes during the build…” Can you tell me what you think the mistakes were?

thebiggest mistake was in the sawing of the botttompanel becuase I did 2 panels together the problem was double I have a dent the wrong way.

If the panels all fit together properly, how could the rocker have ended up wrong?

The boat looks great - I’m just trying to anticipate any issues before plans purchase and/or starting to build.

thanks

Thanks!
Thanks very much for the info. I’ve made a few ‘accidental hollows’ before in my S&G projects, so I know how it can happen :).

I’ll think I’ll give this plan a shot.

Cheers,

Neil

if you have questions
Just ask on song of the paddle.

I am regular visiting that site. Over here you are just lucky today.

Good luck with the build.

Mine was my first try. that i enjoyed, and was glad that I have had the help of so many friends.