NorthShore 's new Ocean 17 Sea Kayak?

Has anyone paddled NorthShore’s new Ocean 17 or its’ slightly longer version and has thoughts to offer about its’ characteristics and how you might compare it to some of the other 17+ British like boats out there?

North Shore Ocean
I have paddled both models and can highly recommend them. At 6’1 200# I could easily fit in either, but if I had to chose I would pick the larger.

Next week
I’ll let you know. With any degree of luck I might even get it out in the surf.

A cursory overview of the design;

http://wp.me/pFgdM-hF

Remind me next week in case I get distracted.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Wings?
Looking at your photos it looks like a shallow arch and hard chine in the center of the boat with the “Wing” sticking out a bit from the hull at its’ bow end and stern end? Is this sort of an accurate description? Does that little projection of the wing’s ends create a little flow turbulence?

Boat size
Would you say the larger model is better suited for 200 lbs. plus ? How does the larger one compare to other boats its’ length like an Explorer or Cetus in terms of volume and performance?

I’ll let you know
Like I said, Next Week. Monday in particular. As to flow turbulence, I’ll try to find some duck weed to paddle through and look for swirls. Who knows, perhaps it’ll let the kayak get up on step if I paddle really hard. Monday.

To be continued.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org