Inflatable kayak ?

Why you don’t try to see inflatablekayakreview.com ,There are many kayak style and it’s easy to transport.

Inflatables

– Last Updated: Apr-17-13 5:26 PM EST –

I have two. An Advanced Elements Convertible, and a Sevylor Rio. I wouldn't trade either one of them for all the tea in China. I run Class V rapids in the Rio all the time with less trouble than a lot of people have in hard-shells, and I have been through several thunderstorms, and even in the ocean with my Convertible, again, with no trouble whatsoever. These are the safest boats I have ever been in. And both of them are as fast as all but the fastest Touring Yaks.

There is one quirk to the Rio. Out of the box, it doesn't track as straight as some (but it is perfect for rivers, where you need maneuverability, rather than straight tracking...). The easy fix for this is to get one or two (one for each side) of the skegs for the K-79 Tahiti series boats, and put them in the trolling motor-mounts, and secure them with a chopstick in each mount. Then the Rio tracks straight as an arrow.

There is nothing wrong with a good inflatable. And they go in the trunk of your car, you can take them on a bus or airliner, and they are as close to indestructible as you can get. I've bounced off rocks, trees, shoals and oyster-beds with no damage at all. If you do get a hole in one of the bladders, it takes 5 minutes to put on a patch, and your back on the water. If you somehow managed to totally shred a bladder (I don't know how you could do this except maybe with a large knife, on purpose....), replacement bladders are readily available and relatively inexpensive.

I can't say enough good things about these two inflatables. I sold my hard-shell a long time ago, and have never regretted it.

Huh?
Sevylor Rio on Class V? Kidding me? No offense, but those recreational inflatables (vinyl material and cheap Boston valves) are not meant for anything more than a Class II. Just make sure your life insurance policy is up to date…

If they’re
the safest most indestructible kayaks your hooks aren’t sharp enough.

Yep
That’s got my B.S. meter going too, but I’ve seen enough weird stuff now that I’m inclined to believe someone might actually attempt it.

I wonder if the author really knows what class V water is. I would never take a thin walled vinyl kayak with only one main air cell anywhere near a class V. Not even in the box in the trunk of my car as I drove past a class V river. (that last sentence may be an exageration to make a point)

hmm
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/911-call-audio-florida-everglades-alligator-attack-gator-19563672

Inflatables = slow

– Last Updated: Jul-10-13 4:04 PM EST –

I was with a group a couple weeks ago going down one of our major rivers. The IK's were all high-end stuff. They cruised through the class 2 wave-trains with ease, but on the flats, our piggish 16' Prospector canoe pulled away from them easily. And they were all young folk.

I can beat the speed of that Prospector easily in my solo canoe. I can beat the speed of the solo canoe when the wind comes up in my wife's high-end 12' rec-kayak. In all three of them, I can avoid bashing on rocks in up to class 2 - and especially anywhere I might want to fish (not that any of them are at all fragile). A proper 14-16' touring kayak will be even faster. And I use knives and hooks without a care - and don't need a patch kit. You do the math.