Sevylor QuikPak K5 vs Fastback 1?

I am in the market for a budget kayak to use on inlets and calm waters. I will be doing a lot of solo kayaking, so a hard shell kayak would be difficult for me to load on top of my car, as well as the additional expense of a roof rack.

I have been researching inflatable kayaks, as this will give me the best solution to transport it to where ever I need to go paddling.

Ideally, I would LOVE the AE AirFusion Elite as this seems to have great tracking similar to foldup kayaks but at half tyhe price, but at around $1000 plus accessories such as the spray skirt and skeg/rudder, it is out of my budget.

Looking around the Coleman/Sevylor Fastback 1 and its replacement the Sevylor QuikPak K5 seem to be very affordable kayaks at a reasonable, budget friendly price. The Fastback is available on amazon.ca for $404 and the QuikPak K5 for about $500 (including shipping).

The majority of my paddling will be single day use.

Does any one have any advice which of these two inflatable kayaks would be the better? Or is there anything else I should be considering?

The QuikPak has the additional benefit of being able to pack away into the included backpack - great If I have to walk to the water edge.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Graham, Sechelt, BC, Canada

Advanced Elements
For a quality inflatable in that price range I would strongly suggest the Advanced Elements Airframe (the original one, not the air fusion). For a similar price I think they’re a much better choice than the sevylor/coleman.