Paddling Destinations?

Will be staying on Dauphin Island for a week in late November and will be looking for spots to kayak daily. Interested in flat water and slow moving water as well as the obvious gulf and bay/sound areas. If anyone has any great scenic and wildlife viewing areas within a hour or hour and half drive from Mobile or Dauphin please share. Thanks!

Check the Green Wave Forum
http://www.clubkayak.com/greenwave/default.asp

They have trip reports and descriptions for runs in NW FL, SE Mississippi, and south Alabama. Mostly river info, but some on ocean inlets and estuaries.

The lower Escatawpa isn’t far from Dauphin, and is large enough that sea kayaks can handle the meanders. It’s likely to be negotiable year round and has lots of white sandbars.

We did a stretch of the Coldwater in NW FL. It’s often deep enough for sea kayaks. There’s an outfitter there for shuttle and information.

Look into these
Meaher State Park

Bon Secour National Widllife Refuge

I would also get an account on meetup.com and check two groups

Mississippi Kayaking

Coastal Crossroads and Trails

you may be able to tie into one of their events and get some free shuttle service or just read the descriptions of the paddles they do.

You can also call Fairhope Boat Co

Paddling Destinations
Thanks Y’all

Pelican Island & Escatawpa
I have also heard the Escatawpa River which kinda straddles the Alabama/Mississippi state line is a great paddle. I stay a week on Dauphin Island almost every year for family reunions in June and circumnavigated Dauphin Island which recently got joined by Pelican Island. I made a trip report if you wanted to read it!

Dauphin Island
I had read it prior to posting the my original message thanks!