Fall Ozark Rendezvous 2015

RE the Wildfire
Too late on the Wildfire. I passed within 25 miles of Colden on my way to Lake Placid yesterday. Won’t be heading back in that direction

I’m heading to the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown. Then on to Coney Island to visit my aunt. Will then head home with a stop at the Gettysburg battlefield.

Then a few days at home to unpack, say hi to Cindy, the horses, dogs, and cats, then pack and head out to the Rendezvous.

We are planning to attend
Any need for reservations?

Good
It will be good to see you again, Peter. There should be no problem finding a campsite in mid-October at Pulltite campground. The campground host is usually gone by that time anyway and I don’t even know if there is any facility to make reservations after Oct 15.

Do you know what day you plan to arrive?

Well, dadgummit. Y’all have fun!
Shut out again, this time by a full thickness rotator cuff tear. Good news is it’s fixed. Bad news is though I’m rapidly improving I won’t be wielding a paddle for a month or two.

Sorry to hear that, Luke
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Of course, you could still come, quaff libations at “high tea”, and watch Bob use his solar shower.

Solar shower…
It would take more liquor than I drink at a rendezvous to get me to open my solar shower for general public use.

BUT, I would allow it’s usage by the cheerleading squads from the University of Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, or Tennessee.

BOB

In which case, I think you’re…
…gonna need a bigger sun.

“Keith Jackson here at the SEC Cheerleader Sun-N-Fun Fest. And he’s a big boy outta Fort Wayne, Indiana…FUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!”

“Apparently Keith he never saw the full-out bull-rush of the misses coming from the blind side.”

Such a dilemma
Two big river events to go to at the same time… But I chose the Pine Barrens so I can try the limbo log thing. Ill put the Spring Rendezvous on my calendar.

By then maybe the Bob would have gotten a hold of a WildFire. Mine which I got in July would be at extreme risk now.

Though I might get access to the shower.

Bob and his solar shower.
I don’t know, Pete. The libations sound nice, but Bob and his solar shower sounds like something that fits in the category of things once seen that can’t be unseen. Thanks for the well wishes.

Once seen; never forgotten…
I would not choose a solar shower as one of my preferred “public display” venues.

BOB

Will be there
Terry sent the invite, so a friend and I are going to show up sometime on Friday.

What time to people head out in the morning on Friday? It is maybe a 4 hour drive for us, trying to figure how we can connect up with others…

Typically We Leave at 10:00 am
But we always decide the night before where we are paddling. The thing is, as the group has grown, we usually divide into our own smaller groups to paddle different water. If you like, Margaret and I could just plan on doing Cedar Grove to Akers that day. Water is down and will be “Scratchy,” so kevlar boats beware. So you could meet us at 10:30ish and set up camp when you get to Pulltite at the end of the day? I’ll shuttle you back to Cedar Grove.

I’m headed to work in a few minutes so won’t reply further until Monday.

Early arrivals?
I will most likely show up Monday. Anyone else showing early?

Tuesday arrival
I expect to arrive at Pulltite some time Tuesday afternoon. Should be ready to paddle on Wednesday

Tuesday For Us Too
Pam said she will be there Tue and ready to paddle Wed also.

Yep, Tuesday for me.
But I am not going to paddle Tuesday, I am going to drive over to Peck Range and take some pics. Ready to paddle on Wednesday. Looks like the weather God’s are being nice to us, forecast looks beautiful! So excited to catch up with everyone! Be safe on your drive down!

water is on
Bathrooms and showers are on.another large group is in for most of the week.

Probably arriving on Wednesday
It looks like my other plans with paddling friends from work are not going to work out. Instead, I am probably coming down to the Rendezvous. I expect I will be arriving on Wednesday and can paddle the remainder of the week. If there are other Illinois or Wisconsin area paddlers that want to share some driving, I can make room for another boat on my rack.

John (Fishdoctor)

Arrival
We will arrive Wednesday; probably in early afternoon.

Bob & JoAnne

Tomorrow (Tuesday)
If all goes as planned I hope to arrive at Pulltite tomorrow late afternoon for anyone who is planning to paddle Wednesday.