Spring Rendezvous April 25 thru May 1

Thanks
Only recently have we had a need to secure an “extra” boat or two. I think I’ll pick up something at the store today just to make the appearance of being secure. If they stomp a thwart, then I guess they needed it worse than me.

work
Looks like Work will delay my arival time.definitely in by Tues morn ready to paddle.

you might be ready to walk now
paddle an ark after tomorrow… The storms start with the start of Rendezvous

Looks like the storms will nicely cooperate and be during the night.

Ark?
Are you talking bad about my boat? :wink:

Thoughts are about you all.
I hope weather and water are working for you!

Pics
Life’s been playing havoc with my paddling lately, but got a few days in camp and one day on the river. Sure was nice visiting with old friends and making new. BTW, Ed and Tracy, your kids warm my heart about the next generation! Here’s a link to a few pics:

http://www.pbase.com/ozarkpaddler/buffalo_april_2016&view=slideshow

Great to meet everyone!
I’m really glad I stumbled upon the group on my road trip out to Arkansas. The float on the 28th was a ton of fun (even if low). I hope the rain the next day allowed you all to run the Upper Buffalo yesterday.

Anthony

Looks like a missed a great time!
I had one of my own though. Got to watch a bunch of youngsters learn to paddle WW in good weather AND got to to witness some very comical carnage, all with my daughter and my other best friend right there. Not often it all comes together like that.

Some of those boats looked warped.
Not a single picture of a kayak, amazing.

I hope to make the fall Rendezvous.

Great !
Good turnout for the Rendezvous. Only about half of the paddlers that attended were in the photos posted; the section seen in photos is only one section of those done.

Best get together of canoes I’ve seen in a long time.

Guesstimate about 15 canoers, and if I remember correctly, all were different models of canoes.

No photos of the hike that was taken on Friday, or the great meal we had on Friday night. Hope someone of those photos will be posted later.

No photos of the “kick butt” day on Saturday, after the water has risen quite dramatically on Friday night.

Rode some great wave trains…

PJC had a hitchhiker in his boat on Friday; a snake.

Pesky little rascal did not want to leave that boat!

Thanks to Brian for helping out with “flat fixin 101” on the morning of our departure. First flat on my truck with over 46,000 miles.

Many thanks to Rob, Brian, and Mike for help on some slippery, takeout hill climbs. All much appreciated!

I immensely enjoyed Ed, Tracy & their children navigating the wild surf. The kids were young, and amazing in their whitewater solo canoes.

BOB

WOW!!!
First day back in the grind, but nothing could pull me down from the high of the past few days. Paddled Wednesday morning after driving all night, but I couldn’t have been more alert to the beauty of the river. Simply amazing! The following days just got better as I settled in to “river time”.

I thank each of you for welcoming us with such warmth, grace, and genuine friendship. The river was incredible, but you guys made the trip truly memorable. And thanks for nursing us who are still wet behind the ears with instruction so we might grow into better boaters. If my only payment was the lunch time entertainment on Saturday, it was well worth the price of my favorite cap. We all look forward to seeing you guys again soon.

purty for sure,
looks like I missed a good one!

are you kidding me
Your whole family is a natural!

Ed could run little rapids and fish at the same time! Threw in a line and the bass just ran for him…

We left during the Friday Monsoon… wish we could have stayed Sat but we were glad we had extra time to enjoy hail and tornadoes near us in Oklahoma ( enjoy not that is)

Vic’s photos
I also started a post Rendezvous photo thread on the Paddler’s Place Discussion Board.

Except for the take out at Hasty and its repercussions it was a great Rendezvous. We need to Vous at the Buffalo more often.

Thanks to all who helped me get my canoe and stuff up the hill at Hasty. Now I truly understand what friends are.

Was great visiting and canoeing with old friends, and meeting new friends like Ed, Tracy, and their children, and meeting Anthony from Austin. Hope to see you all at future Rendezvous.

Here’s the link to my photos (note, I do not put the names of children on photos I post to the web.)

http://www.pbase.com/canoevic/spring_2016_vous_buffalo_r&page=all

Thanks for the pics, Vic!
Another successful rendezvous! I sure do miss everyone!

SYOTR

Vic…
You took some great photos buddy!

Thanks for posting them.

BOB

Wow…
GREAT shots Vic!! Thanks. Maybe next year…

Nice!!
Nice shots, looks like the water was a bit low in places.

Looking good, guys!
Sure hated to miss it. Ed, it makes me smile to see you out there with the kiddos. I only have one but she has an unofficial brother that we’ve half adopted and he always comes along too. Sure makes the trips rich.

Link to my Pics
Finally figured out Google Photos (I think)

https://goo.gl/photos/ndoyduKsCPsuJZZcA

Enjoy!