2016 Fall Ozark Canoe Rendezvous

Rendezvous Dates
Are the correct dates 10/12 thru 10/16? Thanks

Dates
Yes, dates are 10/12 to 10/16, of course some people come early. I know a few will be there on Monday 10/10.

Big foot siteing
We are expecting a big foot siteing on Monday the 10.

Appropriate clothing?
We paddle in Keen sandals/Astral brewers and synthetic shorts and shirts here in Texas.

I was thinking about buying at least some NRS neoprene paddle booties for some added warmth. Maybe wool underwear under the shirt? We also have some rubber boots, but I don’t want to use those on the river.

What do you all wear in the cold October Ozarks?

It’s not usually what I’d consider cold
in October, just very pleasant with moderate temps and low humidity. In my experience convertible pants and a t shirt with a jacket handy are sufficient. YMMV

Brewers are fine
I do not wear waterproof shoes or high boots although some do.

Holy schnikeys. I just realized
I answered every question but the one you asked. Sorry bout that!

Tom’s Sunny Camping Spot?
Tom - what camp site were you in last year? It was in full sun where your solar cells worked. I’ve looked at the NPS map and can’t figure out which one you were in last year.

If anyone else knows please chime in because I don’t know if Tom posts or not.

Mike

The same one I am in this year.
I have site 23 reserved for a week from now.

See you all next week
Boy did I ever get snookered at my retirement party …had to practice for high tea. Glad I had a ride home

Preview
Paddled today and the colors are just beginning to turn. A couple of us saw our first BEAR on the current, a couple miles below Two Rivers. We’ve seen tracks before, once Duluthmoose found some at Medlock Spring. But this was the first “Live” one. Here’s a few pics to whet the appetite:

http://www.pbase.com/ozarkpaddler/fall_2016&view=slideshow

Oh, And BTW…

– Last Updated: Oct-05-16 4:15 PM EST –

....the new Supervisor at Round Spring, Dave Tobey, will try to join us for a few days. If you see a guy with a short, gray beard and a green Nova Craft Bob Special in the campground, it's probably him? And if you notice him leave that boat unattended, SNATCH it for me (LOL)!

one of these years
Wow this looks like such a wonderful adventure. I came of age floating in the Ozarks but I haven’t really been home in a long long time. Maybe one fall soon I can break away from work for the trip. For now, I’ll be with you in spirit and hope to see some great photos.

You guys have fun @ rendezvous
Haven’t paddled the Current or the Jacks Fork during a rendezvous for 7 years. Still doing the Gunflint Trail/ Grand Marais, MN/ BWCAW thing. I’m on Jury duty up here and can’t travel even if I wanted to. I kind of want to.

You guys have a good time. RockC and I miss the folks who we know, and will meet the guys we don’t, someday?

see ya later…doug

We miss seeing RockC
We miss seeing RockC a whole lot…

You, not so much…

Come down for Spring Rendezvous Duggae!

BOB & JoAnne

Wish You Were Here…
…and hope to get back up to my old stomping grounds in your neck of the woods again

You have wrong site number Tom.
Tom, you can’t have 23 as we do, you’re in 22 (that’s what Laurel told me.) See ya sometime Wednesday, I don’t think I’ll make it to paddle that day.

Pam

Too bad Duggae.
Gonna miss you and RockC.Hope you two can make it in the spring

Me gone now
See you tonight! Drive safe all.

plans changed
Moving at end of month. Extra money going out + losing a weeks pay not good.could make the rendezvous.but not the most fiscally responsible thing.still might pull it off.but 50/50rt now.