London Ontario/great lakes?

Hey pretty new to kayaking but able to get out there and go for a few hours non stop at a casual pace.

I live in London ON but looking to meet up with others who kayak around the area.

Would love to know some people who go often to Georgian Bay/Bruce peninsula for a few day trips.

Lets talk

Chris

A bit far, but…
http://www.meetup.com/greybruceoa/

Lots of paddling around Georgian Bay. The group encourages building up to larger more advanced trips by doing smaller ones first. Doesn’t hurt to get to know people in a safe environment first either :slight_smile:

I’ll Have to Look You Up…
…when we head up there (hopefully next year) to visit a friend who moved back there (her home town).

Several peeps from Windsor
area like to paddle around Philip Edward Island near Killarney provincial park…

The group has since undergone some changes and can now be found here: WildernessFit

Thanks. I attended a Toronto Island paddle ‘meetup’ a few months ago. Was awesome.

thanks

@spikeithard said:
Thanks. I attended a Toronto Island paddle ‘meetup’ a few months ago. Was awesome.

thanks

I think it’s safe to assume this is the one you’re referring to:
https://meetup.com/The-Toronto-Paddlers-Meetup-Group/events/233054087/

Although I’m glad you had a good time, just looking through the comments along with the pictures I can point out multiple safety issues with this. It is the same I’ve previously commented on regarding meetup groups. Without solid experienced leadership, the newer inexperienced people have no idea that what they’re doing is really tempting fate. Been there, done that. People who have been doing it longer and still don’t follow and advocate safe paddling standards don’t have any excuse.

I’m sure my strong feelings on this will ostracize me from much of the local paddling community, but I feel confident stating them here because I’ve seen plenty of support for my style of safety mentality on this forum.

I’m not here to try and limit the fun anyone has kayaking, but I do have some strong objections to my tax dollars going toward rescuing and resuscitating people who should have known better.

What are your concerns? safety issues you seen?

@spikeithard said:
What are your concerns? safety issues you seen?

I’ve sent you a private message in response. It seemed a more constructive approach.