Hello from a hospital bed.

Get well soon!

Things are looking up! Best Wishes!

Hope it works as advertised!

Best to you, string. Hope all goes well, is relatively pain free, and that you’re back on the water on schedule.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

You’ve had it rough with those problems the last several years. I hope this will be a big turn-around.

I hope your recovery will be a speedy one, and you’ll be back on the water again soon.
Don’t overexert yourself to quickly (because you start feeling better), until cleared by your doctor.

I know a little about back pain. Have been dealing with it since I wrapped a new 68 Mustang around an oak tree (that didn’t give an inch) in New Jersey in 1968.

BOB

Good luck for a full and quick return to doing all the things you used to do. I bet you will work the rehab and PT to get there and look forward to progress reports.

Hope you heal quickly, and our “winter” is over in SC about the time you’re ready to paddle !!
Ted

Get pain-free soon!

Thank you everyone. I scheduled it so I’ll be released early in the paddling season.
Right now it’s great to be home after a painful, sleepless night in the hospital. Half the time I was thinking about my next kayak.
A wonderful thing happened as I was waiting to get released. I was half out of it and a friend and fellow paddler walked in. A perfect morale boost!
He helped my wife get me home and to bed.

All the best, String! I hope we can get together to paddle again!

@tjalmy said:
All the best, String! I hope we can get together to paddle again!

Planning on it Tom.

@thebob.com said:
I hope your recovery will be a speedy one, and you’ll be back on the water again soon.
Don’t overexert yourself to quickly (because you start feeling better), until cleared by your doctor.

I know a little about back pain. Have been dealing with it since I wrapped a new 68 Mustang around an oak tree (that didn’t give an inch) in New Jersey in 1968.

BOB

Post pic of Mustang…

The man was firm and resolute.
The wife possessed her moxy.
Plus she knew a thing 'bout pullin" string,
and know she had her proxy.

There was a time to add a hull
he’d sew her with some guile.
She needs now no new machine to needle him quite keen.
His backbone bends as she rolls that dial.
("Yes dear"s delivered with a shocking smile.)

May the force be with you! ( On the straight and narrow…ski path.)

“Eleven on the dial,” she says. “It’s one better!”

Ok so what’s the next kayak?

@PaddleDog52 said:
Ok so what’s the next kayak?

Something a lot lighter than the Tarpon.

@canoeswithduckheads said:
The man was firm and resolute.
The wife possessed her moxy.
Plus she knew a thing 'bout pullin" string,
and know she had her proxy.

There was a time to add a hull
he’d sew her with some guile.
She needs now no new machine to needle him quite keen.
His backbone bends as she rolls that dial.
("Yes dear"s delivered with a shocking smile.)

May the force be with you! ( On the straight and narrow…ski path.)

“Eleven on the dial,” she says. “It’s one better!”

I actually did that on the trial, only it was a 4. It was enlightening.

Hey String, I hope this gives you the freedom to get back to doing everything you love. I hope to see you and your brother back on Florida waters this year.
So what will the next boat be? When I first met you, you were paddling a RapidFire. May be another in your future? I’m sure loving my little blue SpitFire.

Hi Sissy. That has been a few years! I have no idea what or even if the next boat will be. I don’t think this device will limit my paddling but it will be a couple of months before I know.
I love my Tarpon, but the weight may become a factor.