Hello from a hospital bed.

The man was firm and resolute.
The wife possessed her moxy.
Plus she knew a thing 'bout pullin" string,
and know she had her proxy.

There was a time to add a hull
he’d sew her with some guile.
She needs now no new machine to needle him quite keen.
His backbone bends as she rolls that dial.
("Yes dear"s delivered with a shocking smile.)

May the force be with you! ( On the straight and narrow…ski path.)

“Eleven on the dial,” she says. “It’s one better!”

Ok so what’s the next kayak?

@PaddleDog52 said:
Ok so what’s the next kayak?

Something a lot lighter than the Tarpon.

@canoeswithduckheads said:
The man was firm and resolute.
The wife possessed her moxy.
Plus she knew a thing 'bout pullin" string,
and know she had her proxy.

There was a time to add a hull
he’d sew her with some guile.
She needs now no new machine to needle him quite keen.
His backbone bends as she rolls that dial.
("Yes dear"s delivered with a shocking smile.)

May the force be with you! ( On the straight and narrow…ski path.)

“Eleven on the dial,” she says. “It’s one better!”

I actually did that on the trial, only it was a 4. It was enlightening.

Hey String, I hope this gives you the freedom to get back to doing everything you love. I hope to see you and your brother back on Florida waters this year.
So what will the next boat be? When I first met you, you were paddling a RapidFire. May be another in your future? I’m sure loving my little blue SpitFire.

Hi Sissy. That has been a few years! I have no idea what or even if the next boat will be. I don’t think this device will limit my paddling but it will be a couple of months before I know.
I love my Tarpon, but the weight may become a factor.

@string said:
Hi Sissy. That has been a few years! I have no idea what or even if the next boat will be. I don’t think this device will limit my paddling but it will be a couple of months before I know.
I love my Tarpon, but the weight may become a factor.

I’ve had the ideal boat a couple of times, like the Rapidfire and the Stellar ski but my back wouldn’t tolerate them. Now, MAYBE, it won’t be an issue.

@string, You know what, it has been 10 years since that paddle on the St. Johns. Where I first met you, Phyllis, Laura, Bob. Me in my little Swifty! My fleet now is Hurricane Skimmer 128, Hornbeck Blackjack New Tricks 12, Placid SpitFire, AND, ta-da! another Swifty that replaced the 13 year old one that was stolen.
I know you really liked your RapidFire, maybe that would be a great boat for you with your new back.

I really like SOT so I’m thinking about a Skimmer 140 or an Epic ski. All contingent on how new the back is.
10 years! Back when we were kids.

@string Well, I love my Skimmer 128, just about a perfect boat. But at 47 lbs, it is not my “go to” boat, and I’m thinking about selling it since I don’t use it often.

I am down to the Tarpon 160 and a Pungo 140 so I’ve got swamps, rivers, and the ocean covered. Neither fulfills the need for speed but those weights are an issue.

I got turned on today, at least the implanted stimulator did.
Too early to tell if or how effective it is. Good to have most of it in the rear view.

Best Wishes. Hope medical science provides the relief for you. I’m in "paddler"hood of chronic back pain and sciatica.

@Paatit said:
Best Wishes. Hope medical science provides the relief for you. I’m in "paddler"hood of chronic back pain and sciatica.

We’ll see. I think I can tell a difference but I’ll have to heal and try the activities I know cause the same problems you have.

Had my post surgery check up today. And then the other shoe dropped.
No paddling for 6 months and a host of other restrictions. Don’t lift over 5 lbs, no bending, no twisting, no nothin’.
Going to my PT to see what I can do to keep from losing what fitness I have.

June/ July will be here before you know it. Keep the faith.

Be patient, string. It’s only been 11 days since your surgery. Your body is still healing. It won’t be long before you have a long list of PT homework to do. Best wishes.

@Rookie said:
Be patient, string. It’s only been 11 days since your surgery. Your body is still healing. It won’t be long before you have a long list of PT homework to do. Best wishes.

This is my 3rd back surgery and the only PT recommended is walking. If this thing works, it will allow me to walk more easily. It appears to do that.

Sending you more healing vibes.

@jamesm.wpg@gmail.com said:
Sending you more healing vibes.

Thank you.