Stand-up Paddleboarding Project Survey

Hello all,
I’m in a group for one of my classes and we are seeking information about Stand-up Paddleboarding (SUP) habits for a project of ours. If you could, please answer any/all of the following questions. Thanks!

1. What items do you currently bring with you when you paddle board?
  2. Are there any items you wish you could bring, but can’t for some reason? If so, what are the items?
  3. Do you listen to music/podcasts/audiobooks while SUP? If so, how do you listen? (headphones, bluetooth, etc.)
  4. If you’ve used a bluetooth speaker while SUP, how do you carry it? And have you ever lost one to the water?
  5. How expensive is the paddle you use?
  6. How do you entertain yourself while paddling/on the water?
  7. How much would you pay for a way to safely carry (and use) your phone while SUP?
  1. my paddle. 2. No. 3. Hell no. 4. All speakers on paddle craft should be destroyed. 5. Who cares? 6. Paddling, surfing. 7. Nothing.

Market Researcher Go get thou hosed.

@jjmadeya

Why do you want such personal information? What school and what class is this alleged project for? Inquiring minds want to know.

jjm

The spotlight of inquiry is on you. Answer Rookie’s questions.

Second the above. Provide a school and a something resembling a credible project. There are (oops, below) people in this thread now with rights to handle marketing scams.

@Celia said:
Second the above. Provide a school and a something resembling a credible project. There are two people in this thread now with rights to handle marketing scams.

Actually, there are three. :slight_smile:

My bad, can’t count.

Florida Gulf Coast University. Everybody relax lol

@jjmadeya sorry about the rude start - we get a number of folks posing as students and then try to sell us something.

Everyone - I can vouch for him that he as a .edu address so he is legit.

@brian said:
@jjmadeya sorry about the rude start - we get a number of folks posing as students and then try to sell us something.

Everyone - I can vouch for him that he as a .edu address so he is legit.

Thank you, Brian

@jjmadeya
I am one of those who was strident to start. I also proposed that we give it the weekend to see if something more legitimate showed up in response before acting on the post. I am glad to see that this settled out. Thanks Brian.

Now back to the original post - what I am reading is not really about paddle boarding, but about what entertainment people feel they need to enjoy time on the water. The above questions could apply to any water craft from SUP’s to a smaller motorized fishing boat.

Perhaps if you were to supply more targeted information on the goal of your survey. I don’t SUP myself so I am out of it, but others here do.

@SeaDart said:

1. my paddle. 2. No. 3. Hell no. 4. All speakers on paddle craft should be destroyed. 5. Who cares? 6. Paddling, surfing. 7. Nothing.

Seadart; I love your replies !
If you ever get to he ea

@JackL said:

@SeaDart said:

Seadart; I love your replies !
If you ever get to he ea

I tried to post above, but could not figure out how to modify what I was writing, so figured I would reply again.
If you ever get to the south east, (Florida Keys) during the winter months stop by for a visit and paddle with us.

Jack L

Hi Jack. Thanks for the invite. When I was about a year old my dad was stationed at Cape Canaveral when they were working on the first cruise missiles there. I’ve always wanted to go visit but never make it to Florida, maybe when I retire in a few years.