Is river boarding a dying breed

I have been looking for a riverboard to use as alternative until I learn how to kayak, but it seems hard to find, I looked on a website of a store in my area that use to have a Carlson riverboard but it said discontinued, but I saw a kern riverboards which seem like 2018, or is riverboarding just not as popular in the us as kayaking or rafting.

Four new topics in less than 30 minutes? Dude. Relax and wait for some answers.

Three years ago when we were at Jackson Wy. The outfitter, Rendezvous River Sports , had a board the guides used that was big enough for eight people to paddle. They reportedly took it down a river there with rapids. They do a lot of kayaking, boarding and rafting. See Rendezvous River Sports… jacksonholekayak.com/content/information/rentals

Note…you didn’t say where,…

@Gamer202 said:
I have been looking for a riverboard to use as alternative until I learn how to kayak, but it seems hard to find, I looked on a website of a store in my area that use to have a Carlson riverboard but it said discontinued, but I saw a kern riverboards which seem like 2018, or is riverboarding just not as popular in the us as kayaking or rafting.

Why not just look for a kayak?

I had never heard of a river board.

there were 500 watercraft in the recent Kenduskeag River Race in April… One was a board. One has been a board for about four years. Prior to that no boards. I don’t think riverboarding is dying. Its yet to be born in New England

There were five that started with me at the last Applachicola river race I paddled in.

Back in the early 1990s it was quite common to see guys using what we then called “Boogie Boards” and swim fins on the Ocoee and other rivers in the Southeast. I have not seen any for quite a few years now.

There sure is a lot of detail missing from the question on this thread.