Spring Ozark Rendezvous - North Fork of the White River (Missouri)

Angel Falls can be tricky. Fortunately, the portage is not too bad for those who do not wish to run it.

I won’t make the Spring Rendezvous this year. Will miss paddling with everyone. To many unfinished projects and obligations. I plan on getting down for the Fall. You all have fun! Dick

Can’t make the Spring Rendezvous this week. Have too-many-must-do-yesterday issues cropping out on the home front. See you on the Current River in the fall.

Dick and Vic BOTH missing? You will be sorely missed! We just came in from mowing. Will start packing the camper in a bit. Arrive early tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon.

We’re bailing…
Yall have fun.

Bob & JoAnne

Per Terry’s wife’s post on BWCA.Com, Terry (Wildernesswebb/Ozarkpaddler) has had a heart attack and is in ICU with a pacemaker. Please keep Terry and his wife in your prayers.

I am very saddened to hear this. Like many others here, I will have Terry and Margaret in my thoughts. Best wishes for his speedy recovery.

I was shocked to learn of this. Sending both Margaret and Terry healing thoughts… He is in good hands

Too much for one week. Terry lost his dad last week

I will leave a message on their Facebook too, but just in case Margaret or Terry stop by here first, Kevin and I are sending you prayers.

Hey everyone - update on Terry as I spoke to Margaret this evening. He had one stent put in, (may need two more down the line) and a temporary pace maker as his heart rate is low (in the 40’s). If they can get his heart rate regulated he could go home tomorrow if not he may need to get a permanent pacemaker. Margaret said he was in good spirits and ready to go home, imagine that. Margaret sounded pretty good, just very tired. He is in the best place that he can be right now but continued prayers are much appreciated.

Thanks for the update, Pam.

Appreciate the update on Terry, Pam. When you next talk to Margaret, please let her know that Terry and she are in my thoughts and prayers.

I appreciate the update Pam…

Pam,
Thank you for posting the updates here and on BWCA.com. There are a lot of very concerned paddlers out there.

Gosh, didn’t realize you’all posted this? Thanks for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. 4 new stents and a Permanent Pacemaker will keep me off the water a good chunk of the summer. Hopefully, by the Fall Rendezvous I’ll be better than ever?

You should be all charged up.

that’s the spirit! having a paddling goal or expectation will help with your recovery! Don’t just live to paddle, paddle to live!

The stents shouldn’t stop you
Dunno about the pacemaker
Bug your cardiologist.
There might be a reason for a fall goal but I sure hope it can be sooner

Maybe you are in better shape now than many paddlers out there. You know your coronary arteries. Many people don’t

@kayamedic said:
The stents shouldn’t stop you
Dunno about the pacemaker
Bug your cardiologist.
There might be a reason for a fall goal but I sure hope it can be sooner

Maybe you are in better shape now than many paddlers out there. You know your coronary arteries. Many people don’t

Oh no, Kim, I’m shooting for light paddling in August. Have to limit exaggerated movements like lifting, reaching, etc, until the pacer wires get seated in. The Dr. says 6-8 weeks probably? By the Rendezvous, hopefully I’ll be back to normal, though?

Ahh… I didn’t have to deal with wires… Had one stent. Went paddling the day of discharge… But all heart :events(!) are not the same… Lets hope for both of us there is never another!