I love sunset on the water

@castoff said:
As you can tell i am visually inclined. Love taking photos, and showing them! They were meant to be shared. Also really enjoy seeing the fabulous photos other have posted!

And a good photographer. That’s the last complement you get from me for awhile, so enjoy it.

@willowleaf said:
Sunsets can be striking on urban rivers, too – paddling down to watch the barge-launched fireworks on the 4th of July where the 3 big rivers meet at downtown Pittsburgh. Paddling back upstream after the show is over, the river turns from liquid gold to silver, sparkling with the reflected lights from the many bridges.

Nice

1 Like

Even without vivid colors, twilight can be gorgeous: looking down the Baye Marguerite towards the Saquenay Fjord off the Ste. Lawrence River in Quebec.

Beach camping on Pavilion Key in the Everglades last February.

1 Like

We do to Six Mile Lake, JBER, Alaska

2 Likes

@Chuck von Yamashita said:

JBER?

1 Like

JBER = (Air Force) Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson

@string said:

JBER?

My acronyms are Army, and ancient.

Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson

Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson

That’s what she said.

The joint base is fairly recent – an old friend of mine spent his AF deployment on radar duty during the Viet Nam years at one of the predecessor bases, Elmendorf.

St Joseph River as it enters Lake Michigan

We were back on Hartwell for sundown tonight. Beautiful but I left my phone home.

Not quite sunset, but still pretty

IMGP0057

Sunset, but no paddlers

IMGP0076

Last night at Silver Beach. 87 degrees at 8 pm but just delightful if you are standing in Lake Michigan.

@TomL said:
Last night at Silver Beach. 87 degrees at 8 pm but just delightful if you are standing in Lake Michigan.

Lovely photo - the calm before the storm?

Much nicer than last night up here, where we had a tornado warning (EF-0 made a brief touch down in the forest) followed by 3.5 inches of rain. I normally don’t have such exciting nights. :wink:

@Rookie said:

@TomL said:

Lovely photo - the calm before the storm?

Much nicer than last night up here, where we had a tornado warning (EF-0 made a brief touch down in the forest) followed by 3.5 inches of rain. I normally don’t have such exciting nights. :wink:

I hope you weren’t in a tent.

@string said:
I hope you weren’t in a tent.

No tent. Huddled in a hallway next to the bathroom in case I needed to take cover in the tub, watching the radar and red arrow pointed in my general direction until the power went out. Funnel lifted after traveling six miles taking out trees. There were three more in other areas, again with trees suffering most damage. Still thousands without power

Another reason I don’t like hot and humid weather: when a cold front moves in, it gets very noisy,

Just a few:

https://tinyurl.com/yb94sxz5

https://tinyurl.com/y9l8dpcj

https://tinyurl.com/y7dqdqmx

1 Like