OZARK RENDEZVOUS "YARD SALE"

We usually post a few items for sale for the Rendezvous, so I’ll start things off:here goes:
56" Werner Bandit. I am selling to put the money toward a different wooden paddle. $110

Are you interested in purchasing a solo canoe?
I have 10 or more solo canoes I am interested in selling.

Email me with “specific” information about canoe you may be seeking:
Boat length you’re seeking?
Layup you want?
Wood or plastic gunwales?
Weight range of canoe you’d like?
Price you are prepared to pay?

I suggest you do a search for any canoe you’re seeking to see what is available at other venues, and at what price? I can offer varied solo canoes at a “realistic” price.
If you’re seeking to buy a canoe with a used value of $700.00 for $400.00 ; you’ll be wasting your time & mine.

I can provide photos of any canoe that I own, that you might be interested in purchasing.
No, I will NOT be posting photos of every canoe I have to offer for sale, along with a lengthy description of the canoe & the specs on every canoe.

BOB

Canoes I am considering selling:

Blackhawk Ariel
Old Town H2Pro
Blackhawk Covenant
Mad River Screamer
Mad River Flashback
Lotus Dandy (autographed by Gault)
Dagger Sojourn
Whitesell Piranha
Blackhawk Shadown 11’7"
Perception HD 1

4 others I might consider selling:

Chestnut Pal ( fully restored )
Blackhawk Zephyr
Blackhawk Shadow SS Special
Mad River Guide

The majority of these canoes are in new, or near new condition.
BOB

1 Like

Bob recently changed his email address. Now, I he is unable to sign in, or access any message board. You can contact him at gitchellbob@gmail.com

@wildernesswebb said:
Bob recently changed his email address. Now, I he is unable to sign in, or access any message board. You can contact him at gitchellbob@gmail.com

He should be able to sign in with his old email and update his account information. This link explains how, under “access your personal information.” https://paddling.com/privacy/

If that fails, he should send a message to webmaster@paddling.com and ask for assistance.

@wildernesswebb said:
We usually post a few items for sale for the Rendezvous, so I’ll start things off:here goes:
56" Werner Bandit. I am selling to put the money toward a different wooden paddle. $110

Is the weed in included?

@thebob.com said:
Canoes I am considering selling:

The majority of these canoes are in new, or near new condition.
BOB

I had to Google several of the boats that Bob is selling, and found a bunch of pictures that look surprisingly like the boathouse that is his garage. :wink:

He should start a canoe museum - lots of classics.

@string said:

@wildernesswebb said:

Is the weed in included?

I think one could be arranged, just not THAT one (LOL)!

All posts in this thread are dated, and should be considered non applicable to the May 2019 Rendezvous.

I also have a bell wildfire for sale white gold …wood trim … tan gel coat good condition . jack.schlottman @ Gmail.com

I am interested in the Mad River Guide you posted. Is it still for sale? Royalex or Kevlar? Gunnels wood or vinyl? Condition of hull? How is the interior set up? Would also consider a used Caption or Ovation. What do you have at this time?
Michael Van Winkle
830-370-5494

Michael, Alas, thebob.com passed away toward the end of Dec. year before last.

1 Like

2 solo boats for sale.

1. A Northstar (Bell) Trillium, Aramid & skin coat, 25 lbs, A do everything canoe with a performance oriented hull for those who want to paddle everywhere from lakes to rivers. It glides across open water and sneaks through wave trains with equal aplomb. normal light scratching from beaching in sand. Kneeling seat. Garage kept. Measurements: Width: 26 gw / 28.5 mx / 25 wl: Sheer:17 bw / 11.5 ms / 15 st
    Rocker: 2.5 bw / 1.5 st: Displacement:** 2” WL : 135 lbs, 3” WL : 220 lbs, 4” WL : 310 lbs New price $2995 + Cooke Custome Sewing solo cover never used. $600. My Total cost $3595. Make me a fair offer.

2. Mad River “Slipper”. The14’7" Lady Slipper solo canoe was designed by Cliff Jacobson et.al, put into production in 1978 by Mad River and renamed the “Slipper”. It is 29" wide at the gunwals and 27½" at the 4" waterline (my measurements) with modest rocker of about 1.5", it.has a modified shallow arch bottom which moves very easily through the water with great glide and is very responsive to the paddle. This canoe was built for an employee, Mr. Allen from whome i purchased the canoe. It is very stiff and strong being constructed of fiberglass and Kevlar with a custom aqua marine colored gel coat finish. It has been well cared for has been used very little, and is in excellent condition with minimal normal scratcheing on the bottom.

The low shear reduces its wind sensitivity and It handles well on lakes and non-technical rivers. This is a fun recreational solo canoe. An original sliding cane seat moves on ash rails and is nice for trimming the canoe when loaded. The gunwals are new ash from Mad River and have a light walnut stain applied by Mr. Allen.
This canoe is a real steal. Asking $1595 or best fair offer.
Thx. Snarvol

Five years late. But, if nothing else, it brought up a thread and reminder of thebob. :+1:

sing

A nice place to post for “Vous” folks as if there is interest we are all there together.

• Snarvol