Fall Ozark Rendezvous

Out of curiosity, what rivers have you paddled in North Carolina?

@wildernesswebb said:

@pblanc said:
Well, I plan to be there if I am not dead.

Heheh, not to put too fine a point on it, huh, Pete (LOL)? Can’t wait to see you and Mary! As a matter of fact, can’t wait to see Pam & Rob, Pat, heck…ALL of you! Now that I’ve had a “Tune up” and had some new hardware added to the old ticker, I should be good to go. MUCH better than the run down model of me that arrived at the last few Rendezvous’!

I was just talking to someone from the BWCAW website who’s moving down here to the western side of the Ozarks about the Rendezvous as well as a few others from BWCA.com that I’ve met this summer. So Vic, and Dick, you may have some company representing the “Iowa contingent!”

We will probably be there Tuesday? That’s what I’m shooting for. Here’s a link to Pulltite Campground and if anyone’s interested in “Cushier” digs, there are cabins and lodge rooms at nearby Echo Bluff State Park. Also I’ll post a link to pictures from past Rendezvous, LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

Pulltite/Recreation.gov: https://www.recreation.gov/camping/pulltite/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=75221
Echo Bluff: https://echobluffstatepark.com/accommodations/the-lodge/
Past Fall Ozark Rendezvous’: http://www.pbase.com/ozarkpaddler/fall_ozark_rendezvous&view=slideshow

Beautiful place.

So Jo Anne and I just did a couple days paddling the Current and camping at Pulltite. We did Akers to Pulltite and Pulltite to Round Spring. On Friday we didn’t see anyone else on the river, Saturday there were some larger groups out there but not the weekend warrior types. I think we were the only two women in the campground! Did some fishing and took our time on the river. River was low but we never had to walk anything. Fall was in the air and some of the trees are already starting to change. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks and looking forward to meeting some new folks!

Well, we plan on a Tuesday afternoon arrival, camp set up. Paddle Wed, Thur, home Friday as I will have to work one last weekend at my soon to be former employer. My friend Mary Blanc has encouraged me greatly in this endeavor. In the long run, I’ll see my friends and family much more and not spend weekends away from home. If anyone is staying over into the next week, paddling then would be a possibility to be discussed.

It will be SO good to see you! I don’t think we can stay cause all those New England Colors will be piling up in the yard while we are away… If we were to ignore them too long they freeze into a unhappy mess.

@kayamedic said:
It will be SO good to see you! I don’t think we can stay cause all those New England Colors will be piling up in the yard while we are away… If we were to ignore them too long they freeze into a unhappy mess.

Ditto, Kim, look forward to seeing you’all!

Will not make it this fall. Too many to-dos at home before it gets too cold. See you all next spring. Looking forward to seeing many photos. I hope the weather and river gods shine on you

@Vic said:
Will not make it this fall. Too many to-dos at home before it gets too cold. See you all next spring. Looking forward to seeing many photos. I hope the weather and river gods shine on you

We will miss you Vic…

@Vic said:

Doggone it, Vic, I hate that. I understand though, as my Rendezvous time has been abbreviated quite often the last few years and will be again this year. Take care!

@pblanc I’ve paddled the New River, Nantahala, French Broad, Little Tennessee, Neuse, Trent.
Mostly flatwater these days - Boundary Waters, Carolina Coast, Great Lakes, Florida Gulf.

@jonafire said:
@pblanc I’ve paddled the New River, Nantahala, French Broad, Little Tennessee, Neuse, Trent.
Mostly flatwater these days - Boundary Waters, Carolina Coast, Great Lakes, Florida Gulf.

If you are familiar with the Nantahala, Little T., and section IX of the French Broad, the Ozark streams in the ONSR will certainly pose no challenge for you. There certainly won’t be any Class II at current river levels. There will be a few Class I riffles where you may need to find a clean line through rocks.

@Vic said:

Hate to hear that Vic, we sure will miss you. Take care and see you in the Spring!

I’ll hopefully be wondering around camp Tues or Weds trying to negotiate shuttling accommodations.

be there tomorrow with rack and people room

I would be happy to shuttle with you Dick, providing you can endure the possible need to have a damp dog sitting in your lap. Mary will not be able to make it as she needs to go to Chicago tomorrow, so I have an empty seat in my truck and plenty of rack space. I expect I will arrive Tuesday afternoon.

Can’t wait to see you Dick!!!

Tom and I are not going to make it this fall. He fell while taking a picture of a chicken in Chicken, Alaska, and his back is not up to manipulating boats and campers. Hope to see you all next spring.

@tazzmo said:
Tom and I are not going to make it this fall. He fell while taking a picture of a chicken in Chicken, Alaska, and his back is not up to manipulating boats and campers. Hope to see you all next spring.

Did he climb on the chicken?

@tazzmo said:

That is a “chicken story” if I ever heard one.

@pblanc said:

@tazzmo said:

That is a “chicken story” if I ever heard one.

Looking forward to hearing that story (LOL)!