Ferry, Surf, Repeat

It’s a great way to paddle 30’ of river and never get bored.

It was Super Bowl Sunday, and the only trip I could find was two hours away and meeting at noon, which meant that I would miss most of the pre-game fun. I wasn’t up for that, so I decided to hit one of my local play-spots instead - a small ledge below the Martin Street Bridge on the Blackstone River that is perfect for practicing ferries with my flatwater boat – about an hour-and-a-half compressed into three minutes.

Looks like a good workout.

Super! B)

I love sections like this. They’re like a liquid treadmill. [Floatmill? Paddlemill?]

Treadwater
Ferryland

You might say he is paddling to nowhere! :wink:

Fun! Noticed the jogger who went by wearing a t-shirt. Weather must have been nice which makes it all the better.

Nice offside work.

Those gentle riffles are great fun & good training.

@rival51 said:
Nice offside work.

I have to agree. In my previous life as a canoeist I always had trouble with that. He makes it look pretty smooth and effortless.

@Rookie said:
Fun! Noticed the jogger who went by wearing a t-shirt. Weather must have been nice which makes it all the better.

There is a bike path that runs along the river there - Sunday was in the mid-40’s. Yesterday it hit the mid-60’s for the Patriots parade yesterday.

@rival51 said:
Nice offside work.

Those gentle riffles are great fun & good training.

Thanks. I have a couple of park-and-play spots nearby depending on the water level. This one happens to be good for my flatwater boat. Treadwater - I like that.

nice job with the camera angles- looking out from shoreline, looking over the bow, and aimed right at you- it kept it interesting to watch. My favorite shot is the last one where you were heading back toward shore and toward the camera.

Great video !
Thanks for sharing

@tdaniel said:
nice job with the camera angles - it kept it interesting to watch.

Thanks - another way to try to make a boring surf session interesting - speed it up

https://vimeo.com/149549366

All practice for when you try to do it for real - somewhat successful attempt here:

https://vimeo.com/313708552