Spring Ozark Rendezvous

Rendezvouz is a series of day trips base campong at Ozark

Hi folks. I enjoyed my 1 day with you last fall and intend to come this spring. Marking the calendar now

Looking forward to paddling on the Buffalo River and some spring weather. Only two more months!

My plans are to drop in Friday at Ozark Campground. Dave, Ken and I are planning on camping on the river for a couple of nights.

Hoping to get a day or two but lost my vacation days for sick days this week. Maybe Friday-Sun? Will be nice to see everyone!

Mary and I and the dogs plan to be there the whole week starting Monday PM but will be staying at Dogwood Springs Campground per her request. I am sure we will be spending a good bit of time at Ozark Campground and of course, plan to paddle with the group.

At this point, does anyone know how early they will likely arrive? I am trying to see if anyone is available to shuttle and paddle in the Tuesday -Thursday time-frame.

Pete, I also plan to be arriving on Monday, and may also be staying at Dogwood Springs. You and I have shuttled before…
Brad

Deb and I plan to arrive Monday afternoon at Dogwood Springs. We are newbies to the area, but certainly can help shuttle. I’ve a pickup that seats four (legally six, but it’d be darn tight) and carry my boats on the roof. If you can fit yours in the bed (carpeted) we’re good. We have lots of tie-downs.

Glad to hear there will be some folks arriving early, Mary and I will be checking into cabin 27 at Dogwood Springs sometime late Monday afternoon or early evening. I can carry one extra canoe on my car, possibly two extra if they are turned on their sides or the center boat is stacked, and can carry three extra passengers in the vehicle.

Pete, Brad,

My plans are to be there early as well, but I’ll be camping at Ozark. Sunday or Monday is my expected arrival date. I have rack space for another boat, 2 if we stack a boat on top of 2 canoes. Crew cab on the truck so I can carry 4 passengers if I unload all the traveling camping gear off the back seat. A friend will be joining me but I’m not sure of his arrival date.
Bill

Working 1st part of the week but hope to head down on Wed and paddle THur-Sat.

Hi… it has been a while since I have been able to join up with you all… Been spending my time working as a volunteer with national parks and currently now in Arizona at a county regional park in Phoenix…getting ready to leave to work at a state park in Texas for the summer… Will be attending the Whitewater School at Turner Bend the first weekend in May…and would like to join up with you for the first few days of the Rendezvous… I have enjoyed the little mom and pop RV park in Jasper and we’ll see if I can make a reservation (Cottonwood Springs Campground).

I would like to come on the Sunday or Monday before on April 28 /29 and interested if any of you all want to come a little early… Since I would have to leave that Friday morning on May 3 for Turner Bend. Please let me know if any of you are interested in meeting up…I will join in on the first and second of May w/ your festivites… I’m excited about paddling the Buffalo again, it has been a while… Hope to hear from some of you!

Anita from Texas

Rob and I will arrive on Tuesday and plan to paddle Wednesday through Saturday, have to head home on Sunday. We will be camping at Ozark. Look forward to seeing everyone!

We will be camping at Ozark.
Tentative arrival: wednesday 1st in early p.m.
Tentative depart: sunday 5th in late a.m.

Arrival and departure are subject to change; based on water level & weather.

BOB & Jo Anne

Plan on rolling in late afternoon on Monday 4/29 , staying at Dogwood Springs (little cabin 4). Plan on leaving Thursday May 2 after morning paddle. Missed last year and wanted to make it back to the Rendezvous especially for the Buffalo.Hopefully early enough for sufficient flow. I will be in a kayak (Jackson Journey 14’) Headed to the Current this weekend with a group from Evansville Indiana.

@dcobky said:
Plan on rolling in late afternoon on Monday 4/29 , staying at Dogwood Springs (little cabin 4). Plan on leaving Thursday May 2 after morning paddle. Missed last year and wanted to make it back to the Rendezvous especially for the Buffalo.Hopefully early enough for sufficient flow. I will be in a kayak (Jackson Journey 14’) Headed to the Current this weekend with a group from Evansville Indiana.

We will look for you Monday PM at Dogwood Springs. Unfortunately, I had to back out of the Current River paddle. Coming home from Lloyd Pool last Saturday the clutch on my Tacoma Toyota truck went out, after a mere 199,000 miles and 23 years! Can’t trust those riceburners.

I will also see you folks on Monday at Dogwood Springs - pulling into space 22, not too far from Pete & Mary.
Brad

Looks like I’ll be a “No show” this Spring. Bob, I’ll send your paddle with Dan.

We’re loaded and ready to roll! Heading first to FD Roosevelt State Park to hang with Florida Trail friends, then we’ll be heading to Dogwood Springs, arriving Sunday. I think Monday we’ll explore some caverns. Can’t wait to paddle with y’all!
Leaving the pooches at home to keep our granddaughter (she’s 19) company :frowning:

Should be a bigfoot sitting at ozark on sunday.