Spring Ozark Rendezvous

Hi… it has been a while since I have been able to join up with you all… Been spending my time working as a volunteer with national parks and currently now in Arizona at a county regional park in Phoenix…getting ready to leave to work at a state park in Texas for the summer… Will be attending the Whitewater School at Turner Bend the first weekend in May…and would like to join up with you for the first few days of the Rendezvous… I have enjoyed the little mom and pop RV park in Jasper and we’ll see if I can make a reservation (Cottonwood Springs Campground).

I would like to come on the Sunday or Monday before on April 28 /29 and interested if any of you all want to come a little early… Since I would have to leave that Friday morning on May 3 for Turner Bend. Please let me know if any of you are interested in meeting up…I will join in on the first and second of May w/ your festivites… I’m excited about paddling the Buffalo again, it has been a while… Hope to hear from some of you!

Anita from Texas

Rob and I will arrive on Tuesday and plan to paddle Wednesday through Saturday, have to head home on Sunday. We will be camping at Ozark. Look forward to seeing everyone!

We will be camping at Ozark.
Tentative arrival: wednesday 1st in early p.m.
Tentative depart: sunday 5th in late a.m.

Arrival and departure are subject to change; based on water level & weather.

BOB & Jo Anne

Plan on rolling in late afternoon on Monday 4/29 , staying at Dogwood Springs (little cabin 4). Plan on leaving Thursday May 2 after morning paddle. Missed last year and wanted to make it back to the Rendezvous especially for the Buffalo.Hopefully early enough for sufficient flow. I will be in a kayak (Jackson Journey 14’) Headed to the Current this weekend with a group from Evansville Indiana.

@dcobky said:
Plan on rolling in late afternoon on Monday 4/29 , staying at Dogwood Springs (little cabin 4). Plan on leaving Thursday May 2 after morning paddle. Missed last year and wanted to make it back to the Rendezvous especially for the Buffalo.Hopefully early enough for sufficient flow. I will be in a kayak (Jackson Journey 14’) Headed to the Current this weekend with a group from Evansville Indiana.

We will look for you Monday PM at Dogwood Springs. Unfortunately, I had to back out of the Current River paddle. Coming home from Lloyd Pool last Saturday the clutch on my Tacoma Toyota truck went out, after a mere 199,000 miles and 23 years! Can’t trust those riceburners.

I will also see you folks on Monday at Dogwood Springs - pulling into space 22, not too far from Pete & Mary.
Brad

Looks like I’ll be a “No show” this Spring. Bob, I’ll send your paddle with Dan.

We’re loaded and ready to roll! Heading first to FD Roosevelt State Park to hang with Florida Trail friends, then we’ll be heading to Dogwood Springs, arriving Sunday. I think Monday we’ll explore some caverns. Can’t wait to paddle with y’all!
Leaving the pooches at home to keep our granddaughter (she’s 19) company :frowning:

Should be a bigfoot sitting at ozark on sunday.

I used to enjoy the Raystown gathering and thought it would be neat to attend the Ozark version one year. It’s on the calendar this year and I’m ready to pack up. Hope to get there by May 1.

The majority of those who posted above seem to be staying at Dogwood Springs. I camp out of my truck or a tent, so don’t need a lot of amenities. But one of my reason for going is to meet up with p-netters (p-commers just doesn’t sound right!), so if Rendezvous HQ is Dogwood, I will head there.

~~Chip

Chip, I think there will be plenty of folks staying at Ozark Campground as well. If you think you want to stay at Dogwood, I would call them and see whether they have any tent or RV sites left. I know all their cabins were booked up for the weekend. We have a cabin booked for Monday through Friday morning, but reserved a tent site for the weekend which I believe you could share if there are no other spots available.

Dogwood Springs Campground is only 4 1/2 miles from Ozark Campground and about a third of that distance is the drive in to the Ozark Campground on the gravel road (County Rd. 129).

I suspect that many of those staying at Dogwood will also be visiting Ozark Campground to participate in “high tea” and sundry other debauches.

FYI: The upper Buffalo River watershed got over 2 1/2 inches of rain today. The USGS gauge at Ponca went from just under 3 1/2’ (around 200 cfs) and spiked at over 7’ (3000 cfs) earlier today. There is a chance for rain and scattered thunderstorms for virtually every day of next week and weekend, so bring rain gear and be of good cheer.

If it keeps raining, and it looks as if the chances are good; you might want to bring along a spare boat.
A bagged out, whitewater solo might come in handy; you could try out Hailstone…

BOB :stuck_out_tongue:

I will not be able to make the Rendezvous next week, having work done on the property. See you at the fall rendezvous, if not sooner. Looks like the Ponca gauge has been on a roller coaster this week. Today I see all the Buffalo gauges are up so be careful out there.

Yikes. I’ll add the helmet to the packing list. I just broke out the box where air bags have been stored several years since I mostly quit ww. Blowing them up to see if any still hold air. And I will bring another boat: The Dagger Encore. If anybody wants to buy a beat up Encore, it won’t take much convincing to get me to lighten the load on the way home. It’s old, ugly and beat up, but it’s a good ww boat and a royalex beast.

Will be no show.
BOB

We’ve arrived at Dogwood site 26. The Buffalo looks great at Pruit’s Landing!

I won’t be making it down this time. Seems like a nice dry cabin by the Eleven Point is the ticket for this weather. See everyone next time!

Pruitt’s landing today!

Yikes!!! For me that would be too pushy