I reclaimed a boat today that never left.

I recently got a Hurricane Skimmer 140, primarily for weight reduction from my Tarpon 160. It is a fine little boat.
Today I paddled with a friend I helped get into paddling . He bought a Tarpon 160 because he liked mine.
We paddled into the wind and tide today and he easily left me. I’m glad noone answered my Craigslist ad for my 160 because it is no longer for sale.
Next week I’ll complete fixing up an old boat trailer to haul it around. My body is no longer happy about putting the 160 on my rack.
Here is the Skimmer.On the left with my grandson in it.

2 Likes

Good for you, string! I can’t imagine any body being happy about loading a 76# kayak on a roof rack.

Nominally 85 #, but is often 200 at the end of the day.

3 Likes

@string said:
Nominally 85 #, but is often 200 at the end of the day.

yes…….I know this feeling.

Gravity is related to mass and the space time continuum.

Put another way the more time you have under your belt the more mass seems to accumulate in that space which leads to a deeper gravity well which is a grave circumstance! :frowning:

Time and gravity are not benign! :s

However, the higher in elevation you go the farther from the earth’s mass you get then time slows down and gravity decreases, and the space time continuum that forms the gravity well becomes shallower. Perhaps as we age we should avoid sea level. :smiley:

2 Likes

Which proves the older we get the more full of it we are.

2 Likes

It’s true that time only slows down at high elevation by mere nanoseconds, but every little bit helps.

@castoff said:
However, the higher in elevation you go the farther from the earth’s mass you get then time slows down and gravity decreases, and the space time continuum that forms the gravity well becomes shallower. Perhaps as we age we should avoid sea level. :smiley:

Geriatric paddlers,
of Lake Titicaca,
prefer windless Andes days,
cause they roll with that big rocker,
holdin’ back the time,
alta kocker stinkas,
ain’t found their gravitas,
as ageless long gone Incas

2 Likes

Who you calling geriatric?

String, are you one of the paddlers in that picture?

Neither of those people look as old as you say you are :wink:

I didn’t know I had said, but my grandson is on the left and his mother, my daughter, on the right.

That makes sense. He looks tall like his granddad.

He’s peaked out and got close.

2 Likes

String,
I thought you sold that skimmer 140?

No. I was going to sell the Tarpon after I got the Skimmer. I sold the Eddyline Carriban.

I’ve sold both. I keep reverting to the Tarpon when I’ve got some help along.
It was the perfect boat for the tidal creeks last week.

Then there is the S14S. We’re still in the honeymoon phase. She’s a tight fit but a junior racehorse.

3 Likes