1st canoe purchase questions.

I am a below knee amputee. I can take off my leg and use the set up as is. To wear my artificial leg I am going to have to modify the entire setup. The fixed ankle will not fit under the solo seat easily . It will take some trial and error for me to figure out what will work for me. One of the reasons I am getting into canoeing is it’s somthing I can do that basically doesn’t require use of my leg. I love to hike but I pay for it. I think I will love conoeing just as much.
Thanks everyone!
We will use are pfds.

Keep in mind that you can add foot braces to use when sitting to get more contact with the boat and better control when not kneeling. If you get the kayak style, you could adjust each side to compensate for any slight length difference due to the prosthetic leg.

@Catfish_snagger said:
I am a below knee amputee. I can take off my leg and use the set up as is. To wear my artificial leg I am going to have to modify the entire setup. The fixed ankle will not fit under the solo seat easily . It will take some trial and error for me to figure out what will work for me. One of the reasons I am getting into canoeing is it’s somthing I can do that basically doesn’t require use of my leg. I love to hike but I pay for it. I think I will love conoeing just as much.
Thanks everyone!
We will use are pfds.

In that case, Yanoer’s suggestion is better. I added a footbrace to my somewhat tender solo canoe so I can switch from kneeling to sitting without too much loss of solid connection to the boat. It really helps.

That is a great idea on the foot brace. I am going to use as is for a little while. It is still new to me so I really don’t know what I need. I just need to use the canoe a few trips and decide.