2022 is a wrap - how was your paddling year? What’s up for next year?

Cant figure out how to edit my previous post, so I’m replying to myself. :wink:

on Apr 22, there’s going to be a paddle (organized on Facebook.) for the Muddy Creek Launch on the Susquehanna, to paddle the islands and canyons below the holtwood dam on the Susquehanna.

Good to see you’re back.

This will be a big water year in the West. The rivers are going to going long and strong.

Starting now!
We had a long cold and snowy winter, but in the last 2 days the temps got into the 40s and the winds are 25 to 45 MPH, so the snows are melting fast. Still cold up high, so maybe we won’t have a flood year. But in both the Rocky’s and the Sierras the snows were deep. I see California and western Nevada are in various degrees of flooding right now, but that’s because it’s not all that cold there and the high altitude snows are melting fast. Here, our higher snows are still solid. I hope we have a long slow melt this spring and summer. That’s when it’s best. Deep snows and fast thaws are what causes problems.
But in any case I think the lakes will be very full, very soon.

Did a bucket list trip I’ve wanted for years. Lake Superior Pukaskwa Park and the Lake Superior Highlands, from Hattie Covie to Wawa. 90 nautical miles, the longest stretch of undeveloped coastline in the Great Lakes. Took 12 days, had an AWESOME time. Utterly gorgeous, and seriously isolated. Would love to do it again someday.

2 Likes

Could not leave the house on Friday due to flooded roads. Close to normal now. The rivers are in minor flood stage but have crested and are likely to reduce their discharge to lower levels even with more rain.