2mm wet suit bottoms or Hydroskin s?

Pool classes
Thank you for the info. on where the pool classes are being held. However as I have explained to Celia already - I work 2nd shift Mon thru Fridays, in Burnt Hills. So I am not available to take advantage of a Kayak pool class on a regular basis. Wish I was, but it is what it is!

As for paddling we tend to only go out in groups of 4 or more, so safety is not marginalized.

I really do appreciate all of you sharing your knowledge with a newbie like myself!!!

actually feeling not seeing is believing

– Last Updated: Apr-23-09 12:01 AM EST –

many years ago i asked an instructor what to wear, he calmly said go get in the water and see for yourself. My farmer john 3mm super wet suit, of course no armpits or neck coverage and zipper leaked profusely, with my Semi dry top, meaning WET top. 10 seconds later I was shaking hard and out. OK!

As a guide what we learned to call ourselves and others who were ignorant was DUMB LUCKERS. And about getting older, nah, we can stay dumb forever.

about going in groups thing, if no one is dressed properly, and all go in, NO safety in numbers. And, if even just you go in, and no noe has practiced assisted recovery it may take a long time and might not be able to get you back in boat, and then you can get hypothermic even back in your boat so fast makes you unable to paddle and many fall back in again, HOLY KAYAK BATMAN, no fun to be had there.