33 and windy, who wants to play in Lake Michigan?

Thank so much for all the tips. As i said above, it is going to be a few more summers before I get any chance to do this but I am thinking about it now. Longer times to plan is better then shorter times.
:slight_smile:

I highly recommend Isle Royale, the lower 48’s least visited National Park, accessible from Grand Portage MN.
Also this area east of Thunder Bay meets your wants, certain beautiful from the road: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqa3L0J-4Q&t=2826s
Only time crossing the US/Canada border took more than a minute of Custom’s time when right after Covid dealing with ArriveCan. The lines OTOH…

I’ll send you a PM in case you’d like to spend time in this area. I’m not a good source for best wilderness areas on the Great Lakes. My gut says the north shore of Huron and Ontario must be dreamy. Superior is worth seeing. The east coast of Lake Michigan (also called the sunset coast) has some pretty amazing beaches and dunes since the prevailing winds come from the west. Sleeping Bear dunes is special. We did the circle tour of Lake Michigan once (driving) and I bet that would be an extremely rewarding experience on any of the Great Lakes. You might also post on myccr.com (my Canadian canoe routes) to get ideas (just say you’re a paddler, avoid the k-word :wink:).

Thanks Tom.
I’ll take any help I can get because as of now, I am 100% blind to all of it. I have never even touched water in any of the Great lakes, let alone been on the waters there.

A good friend paddled the Michigan coast of Superior a couple of years ago. He has about 25 videos here

Starting with a shakedown trip on Drummond Island.

Oh I really like that guy’s vids. Would you ask him if it would be OK for me to e-mail him and ask him some questions? if he’s ok with that I’d LOVE to have his e-mail address.

Here are his published links. Try those first.

For more follow me at:

www.twitter.com/kayaktothesea

Links

My personal instagraminstagram.com/kayaktothesea

My Twitter Feedtwitter.com/kayaktothesea

My Home on Facebookfacebook.com/kayaktothesea

I don’t have any of those things and really know nothing at all about what they are or how they work.

I believe most folks today would be shocked if they know how little I know about computers and the cyber world. That’s the real reason I asked for e-mail.

Sent a Private message

Um, your friend started the shakedown trip by illegally camping at Harbor Island NWR.