85% Decided on Dagger Stratos 14L -- But when and where to get one?

Excellent! Get psyched!

sing

2 Likes

Road trips for new boats are good!
Glad it worked out. When you get it, how 'bout a pic on the Boats on Cars thread?

1 Like

It’s great when you make up your mind and let us know.

Ahhhhhh, yes. The feeling of choosing your next boat and then figuring out the logistics of where to buy/find one and then how to retrieve it. It is actually an essential yet often underappreciated part of the sport.

Good luck!

PS - I live near Appomattox RC (I’m in Charlottesville, VA) so if I can help in any way just let me know. I could grab it for you and hold it almost indefinitely until you arrange pickup or delivery. I’ve bought at least a couple boats from them over the years and they are great.

3 Likes

Hi @jm0278, I just came across your thread … did you buy the Stratos? S or L?

I am in your area and I was doing the exact same investigation and search last summer/fall, and I ended up buying a pair of used Dagger Charleston 15.0’s which appear to be essentially the same boat but older. (I love Daggers with skegs)

I’m very interested to hear if and how you concluded your search.

Hi @RiverWay,

Yep, I ended up driving over 800 miles round-trip to pick up the Stratos 14.5 L. A few weeks later, I attended a couple of classes in a nearby swimming pool organized by a much closer paddling store near Lansing I’d never heard of: The Power of Water There’s a very good chance I could have found a boat there I’d be happy with if I had known about the store.

Jim

1 Like

So you got what you wanted, that’s great! And you got what was probably an exciting road trip to boot.

I think you’ll be very happy with the hull’s thermoformed toughness in Michigan waters, and I think Dagger’s cockpits are great for exploration and all-around use. Now it’s just a looong wait for open water…