ABS Slurry to fix ABS kayak?

fiberglass tape & resin stick to ABS
just fine.

That’s what most of the repairs I’ve seen to Eddyline kayaks use. That’s what the West Coast rep uses himself.

as mentioned above and below

– Last Updated: Jul-18-09 7:37 PM EST –

Epoxy resin. There are various resins with various purposes for various reasons. I fixed my swimming pool filters, skimmers and all that other swimming pool overpriced plastic crap...with fiberglass.
This was addressed to redrivercanoe, seems to have dropped a few posts.

Carbonlite 2000 repair
Ethan does offer a good review on how to repair Carbonlite 2000. I’m Ethan’s counterpart in the Northeastern States, representing Eddyline since 1996 - the first year we introduced this technology to the market. (show me someone who has been doing it longer…)

One word of advice for all who own our boats, and some of the cheaper versions of this material - keep acetone away from it. Don’t even mention the word when near thermoplastics such as this. /;^)

Also, forget about the super glue, slurrys and various other adhesives and procedures mentioned. I can assure you - most of those repairs will be temporary in nature. I use a plastic welder containing methyl methacrylate for most repairs. While they come in many brands, I mostly recommend Devcon to my customers - which is usually available at reputable hardware stores. If they don’t have it, they can order it.

I’ve emailed trillium privately to offer my advice pro bono, and I’ll let her decide if she wants to post the results. While I haven’t seen the craft, I’m more than confident we can have it seaworthy in a short time.

Regards,

eddy (noun) ‘a divergence from the mainstream’