Alaskan cruise

Kayak Transport Company
That’s the one my husband and I will go with this year. We’ve never done a mothership tour and wanted one that was targeted towards experienced paddlers. KTC takes care of the ship operations and provides all the stuff EXCEPT a kayak guide. You guide yourself, using their local knowledge for assistance. That’s exactly the set-up we were looking for–lots of flexibility, the opportunity to paddle all day if we want to, no motherhen/sheepherder stuff.

did it
We took holland america cruise and hilo trip to mendenhal glacier was super. Not much in the way of kayak or canoe is offered and pack lots of rain gear because of massive rain with warm moist air from ocean being chilled as it goes up over mt and RAINS. Thank God it was nice the week in july we went but cruises are for lazy people and trips are super safe and easy for poeple in their 70’s.

alaskan cruise
Ok, I made the reservations for the cruise yesterday and we are going in June since that is what most of you recommended. I think I will check out the private companies as oppose to doing the cruise sponsored ones, they seem to be cheaper, more intimate and cover a lot more ground. Plus we probbaly won’t have to ride along with a bunch of beginners which would probably just slow us down. Thanks for all your recommendations, please let me know if you know of any other companies that do half day tours. We will be in Anchorage for a couple of days before the cruise and then continue on to ketchikan, Icy Strait, Hubbard Glacier, Skagway, Juneau and Inside Strait and finish off in Vancouver.

Siren