All Purpose Maine Kayak

Good infor

– Last Updated: Apr-22-15 10:57 PM EST –

Kayakmedic: wow that would be a awesome situation, peals would be a great paddle before and after work (as long as your on the day shift)

Celia: we are currently looking for a rental as we are saving money to open up a small local market/butcher shop it Portland. You are making really great points and unless something comes along I'll hold onto the Alchemy as it is quite a fun boat, some people might even say it is very similar to the delphin. Also if I wait and am able to find a good place to store my kayak and my wife's kayak maybe I'd be able to pick up another for touring and keep the alchemy for play. I'm really looking forward to moving to Portland and getting to know the local paddling community!

Many options.
One good place to contact with out fail is Maine Island Kayak Co. a few miles off Portland on Peak Island. Call and take the ferry. At least talk with them before making a decission; it will be helpful.

Along with having desirable oceanworthy new and used boats, they have knowledge.

Right now on their website they have a used NDK Explorer for $2,000 that looks deluxe. That is a dreamboat proven worldwide to do exactly what You described. If that boat is sold, consider inquiring about that particular boat and find another one.

http://www.ndkna.com/products-page/used/explorer-elite-used-british-racing-green-w-yellow/

They also show a VCP Aquanaut Carbon Kevlar layup w/Silva 70 P which is the compass You want. Another world class boat. $2,300 again KEVLAR.

http://www.ndkna.com/products-page/used/vcp-aquanaut-ck-maroon-yellow-white/

Both skeg boats. Everyone’s different, but in My view, skeg is the way.

I have an NDK Explorer and it’s exceptional. Haven’t used Aquanaut but I hear nothing but good about them. I’m at best an intermediate and I can relate…

Within decent driving distance
is what I said. I call decent driving distance an hour or so - which is what we drive here to get to Lake George. That, from Portland, gets the OPer to some of at least some of the places you mentioned.

It also loses the ferries and the QE2, to do those drives.