Any Honda Element Owners?

Only 2 problems with an Element
I don’t have a lot of confidence in the local Honda dealership, and they are a odd looking vehicle. But then you need to consider that this comes from a guy who loved his ‘74 Subaru and ‘84 Tercel wagon. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Happly Paddlin’ (& safe drivin’)

Grandpa

Odd Looking
My wife said it was ugly until she gave it a closer look. It’s the most comfortable vehicle I believe I’ve driven (just drove 184 miles round trip to and from work). I’ll measure it for 4X8 plywood tomorrow when I put my Thule feet on and try out the rack. WW

Element cargo dimensions
Width at the floor of the rear door/liftgate opening is 43.5"

Back of driver’s seat to rear tailgate is 72", but this could vary + or - about 5" depending on how close you set to the wheel.

Cargo area is reported as 75 cubic feet, according to Honda.

Bob

Watch the tires in the rain and snow
If you have the Goodyear Wrangler HP tires. OK on dry stuff though. I just got a set of new tires from TireRack (Firestone Destination A/T in 235/70 -16) for mine. I’ll be getting them mounted Monday. I’ll let you know how they are. I’m sure you won’t be replacing your new tires right away, so watch it in the sloppy stuff. Other than that I predict you will like the Element more the longer you have it. Be safe, and Enjoy!

Thanks Rwven
I didn’t notice the style, but they are Goodyear. Thanks for the warning, it’s too bad there’s always a compromise with tires; I wish the engineers could come up with one that’s good on rain, snow, mud, and dry highways. Thanks for all your help! WW

OEM Tires
with the exception of more performance oriented vehicles, are generally aimed more towards wear index than any measure of ride, handling, etc. The OEM tires on my CR-V are garbage, noisy, hard, kind of scary in the rain-can’t wait till they wear out. Considering I have a set of winter alloys with Blizzaks for the inclement weather as well, it’s gonna’ be a while…

Element
Keep in mind, the Honda Element is only ugly on the outside…when you’re driving it, you can’t see it! I love mine for hauling my kayak and related gear, but find I need a little stepstool to help me with the tie downs – it’s a bit on the tall side. I’m 5’5". I could say more, but would tend to repeat the other posts.

I own an element
I have had my element since 03’ I love it. I have a yakima roof rack, and use a yakima stacker when I have my buddies boats with me. I’ve put 3 boats up there w/o a problem and have room for 1 more.

The best part is the waterproof inside, once I get out of the water I load my boat and then just jump in the car. Wet,sandy, muddy it doesn’t matter jump in drive home.

I have a lot of pictures on my website of it www.spanky526.com

Jason S.