Anyone knowledgable about Old Town?

I think
A Swifty would be his perfect boat!

Swifty (lol)
Or maybe a Lifetime Payette – currently available at any wally world or next to the end tables and racks of discounted sundresses at the local T. J. Maxx store. Thirty inch beam, woohoo!

that’s about how I took it
Lots of interest re: how it looks but otherwise paralyzed. Just get one and get paddling at that point.

THAT’S where I saw them!
T.J. Maxx. I wouldn’t believe it if you didn’t just remind me.

Yes, they’re very interested in advancing the sport and keeping kayakers safe.

I hope
We find out if he bought a boat!

Was incredulous when I
saw one at my local TJ Maxx. How convenient that one can buy a kayak and a sequined evening gown in the same store. One stop shopping.

I made up adhesive labels containing the paddlesafely.com URL. Guess where one’s going…

seen them there frequently
I was in a T J Maxx last summer and one of those plastic bathtub Payettes was on display in the front surrounded by beachwear and porch furniture. As I was waiting in line for the checkout I overheard two young guys gushing about how they should buy it and it would be “awesome” to do the “upper Yough”. The upper Youghiogheny has class 4 and 5 rapids. There was a well-publicized death on it several years ago when two local yahoos rented rec boats and dropped them in during a Spring high water event. One flushed out and somehow made shore immediately. The other’s battered body floated through miles of rapids before it was recovered.

scary “for sale” package

– Last Updated: Sep-15-16 5:11 PM EST –

This used kayak package showed up today on local CL:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/boa/5780365915.html

Low end crappoid rec boat combined with a water-skiing PFD and a whitewater helmet. Yes, the seller should stick to biking......