Avocet LV weight

I read yesterday
that Valley is still building Avocets; they didn’t destroy the mold when the Sirona was introduced.

I have to agree with Greyhawk about getting what you’ve paid big bucks for.

New models…
Sometimes Mfgs will offer a new model just to create interest over a boat that has been around and getting a little long in the tooth.

In my opinion CD redesigned the Caribou to remove a few quirks but in doing so lost the cult following that lived with and learned to love the quirks because the performance and fit far out weighed them.

but once again
Used Avocets do not stay on the market for long.

I don’t disagree with Grayhawk

published kayak weights
I remember reading a number of kayak reviews when I was shopping for my boat in the now extinct Sea Kayaker magazine . They would publish the manufacturers listed weight, and their own test weight. Often the manufacturer’s weight was about 5-7lbs on the optimistic side.

@sapnasingh said:
Oh ya its funny check this also on surfwindows. The four species of avocets are a genus, Recurvirostra, of waders in the same avian family as the stilts. The genus name is from Latin recurvus, “curved backwards” and rostrum, “bill”. The common name is thought to be derived from the Italian word avosetta

How much does their actual weight vary from the manufacurer’s published specs?

@Yanoer

That was a bot post with an imbedded link to another site and language copied from Wikipedia. Thus it was deleted.

Tess, you might wish you had looked at an NC 15’-8" model, or a Stellar Intrepid LV.

Something to consider , in my kayak experiences it seems in general , you pay an extra $100. for each one pound of weight reduction

I wonder how much people trying various weight loss programs end up paying for each one pound weight reduction.

Bicycling forums have this same weight loss discussion.

Sorry but you should get what you paid for. You were looking for a specific weight they should supply it. BS if they claim no lined no hatches unless the specify it there spec’s. Current Design kayaks I have are all as advertised. Yes in water who cares that much but slinging it around you’ll feel the difference. Personally I’d get what I wanted because every time you pick it up you’ll be mad. May be a discount would help that. Current Designs has taken a few boats back because of weight no questions asked. It’s call quality control on their end. They should weigh them on completion. If overweight sell as a marked blem inside the hull so the secondary owner is not ripped when they buy it.

Tess posted that question two years ago and never stated if she bought the Avocet or not.

This was a mighty old thread. Tess did get a lightweight layup Avocet LV from a place in Hyde Park, NY. Magooch, She would not be a fit for that Intrepid LV.

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection