Back canyon Colorado River or Labyrinth

yup

– Last Updated: Dec-25-14 3:38 PM EST –

was at Capitol Reef for several days mid April. Excellent weather. Went back into 'town', road was coated with slick slush for 3-4 miles but in 'town' weather was pleasant again.

the West warmth flows well into what Easterners consider winter then stays colder/cooler into what easterners think of as summer esp with elevation extremes and then floating in the shadows of a deep canyon.

With Weather Underground almanac records for the month, the planner cold locate a town in a canyon for the desired time period n plan for those temps ...but worser of course.

Earth is a thermal flywheel storing summer's warmth in ground against less and more widely spread direct radiation warmth from Sunlight.

Down in the canyon mid April high in Utah, flywheel's stored energy was spent back in January, deep in the canyon receiving no new Sun energy...its cold down there !

Blk cannon

– Last Updated: Jan-19-15 2:38 PM EST –

I'm doing the willow beach to bolder trip around march 1 2015. I also went the 40 miles to cottonwood cove from the Bolder Dam. With 3 days at the hot springs it took 4 more days of lake paddling. total of 7 days on the water.
In June I'm doing 150 miles of the upper Missouri Lewis and Clark wiled and scenic river trip. This trip takes about 6 to 10 days depending on river flow. No rapids. 3 to 500 dollar shuttle fee's.
Anyone who mite like to join me let me no.
In march on the black canon run you will find tourist boats from willow beach to bolder dam and the hot springs on the week ends are crowded with boy scouts and church groups. but from Monday to Thursday is quite. Below willow beach at that time of year you be lucky to see may be 3 boats.

Share and Enjoy