Backside tents? Any opinions?

Is it a Kifaru?
Not sure if I spelled that right, but you get my meaning. I always thought those were sweet, but the price is tart.

Paddle easy,

Coffee

don’t put too omuch stock in BP reviews
My North Face rep told me that his new tent design sat in the office at backpacker magazine until finally, with the magaizine deadline looming 30 minutes away, the writer hastily tries to set the tent up in the office, can’t figure it out, and quickly writes some jibberish about the tent including that it seems to be difficult to set up and not good on a cold rainy nite after a long hike.

And weight: not all companies weigh what you will be carrying. It used to be, before REI bought them, that Moss was the only comapny to weigh everything you paid for in the tent package (including poles, rain fly, stakes, stuff sacks).

Always found it interesting that people question the bible but not Back Packer or Sea Kayaker magazines.

nope
a friend made it! It was $100 or so for the the material and time. It’s similar to a Kifura but has more doors, I think.

I’ve done a lot of camping-in-the-rain and it’s the best thing so far. Then only other tents (not tarps) I will use at this point are Northface or Hillebrand style tunnel tents. They’re bomber, easy set up and it’s easy to stake the fly waaaay out to avoid moisture seeping in.

I’ve had horrible luck with Sierra Designs tents leaking on me, especially the 4 seasons ones with the clip on fly. There is not enough room between the fly and inner liner, nor are the fly’s adjustable enough for wind imho.

must not be very popular
when I google backside, I get something other than tents

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=backside&gbv=2