Bad shoulders and buying kayak

Bell Rob Roy
I echo the sentiment about the single blade paddle. the Rob Roy would do fine with his weight and the large cockpit would make entry and exit easier for him. And get him a short, ultralight Zaveral paddle. I bet you your days of towing him would be markedly decreased with these suggestions. Good luck. WW

Or a QCC 500. Roomy, very light
and easy to get moving.

agree as i said above
Thanks for your imput that what i was saying in my post above this which I hope you read.

Since I switched there is NO more pain or soarness. I have gone continuously for 53 hours of paddling with a single blade whereas Im toast after 8 hours of paddling. I have kept up for two weeks with Tandem double bladed kayakers using a single blade and solo.

Thanks for the encouragement
Bob did have that impengement surgey you mentioned July 2003 and while it helped some with pain reduction and range of motion, he did not do as well as we hoped. We haven’t ruled out canoeing, heck may end up with a whole fleet if I’m not careful. There’s an Old Towne 16’ one I’ve been thinking about. As with all things money limits what/when can do things. He hasn’t given up trying to be active and wants to be on the water with me, I’m just trying to decide the best approach to use so he won’t be in pain or worse yet quit going at all. You seem to understand exactly what he has been through. I am so happy things worked out so well for you.