Bear Burritos

It made no sense to me either
until I went camping with a friend of mine who had a Hennessey. I asked him if I could try it out, and I was hooked. I don’t really like standard hammocks, but these are something different. Most comfortable thing I’ve ever slept in.

Hammock follow up
Ended up getting two Hammocks. I am now hooked on Hammocks for most of my non-camper trips. Hammocks do not trump AC in the heat of summer. But,they sure beat a tent and pad for the rest of the year.

The first was a Hennessy Explorer - Slept great, much better than most of my usual sleeping pads(I have many). Set was easy. Only complaint, was keeping insulation under me on a cold night.Will most likely be my summer hammock.

The second hammock I purchased was a WarBonnet 1.7 double layer. Was able to get it on sale a few weeks ago. It has a few more features than the Hennessy. It has a built in foot box. Very helpful to get more diagonal in the hammock. Thus, you lay a bit flatter. It also has a built in shelf. Great spot to store a jacket, magazine,keys etc. The main reason I got the Warbonnet was for the extra layer of fabric. It made keeping the insulation layers in place much easier. No coldspots or pad slippage with movement.

I like and plan to keep both. Both provided an excellent nights sleep on nippy nights.