Beginner Kayak for child

SP replacement?
Highly agree that the SP is a fantastic kayak…but they stopped making it? Grasping here on an old forum, but any recommendations for something similar to an SP…? A real sea kayak shrunk down to kids proportions. Thanks

I’m looking at the Perception Prodigy xs, but I’m concerned my 11 yr old son might outgrow it quickly. He’s already 90lbs!

My 7 year old granddaughter in a WS Picillo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O14zBfxsruw

If you want a cheap option and your child does not mind getting wet, the Lifetime Wave is a great cheap option. While small, it turns on a dime, tracks well and kids pick it up quick. It’s also easy to stick in the back of a van. My 7 and 9-year-old daughters both have one and they love them. They can easily keep up with my wife and I and they can easily get back on if they fall off. I added a seat back for them and plugs, all for $100 with the paddle as well! We have a friend with a 5-year-old and he can easily paddle it around as well. Eventually, we will move them up to a sit in if they keep wanting to go, but until then these are a great affordable option and fun for trips and for just playing at the beach.