Bell Alaskan or Wenonah Spirit II

I Think You’ll Be Happy With It
Post a pic or two when you wet that hull! WW

Congatulations!!!
I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with your decision. Let me know what you think after you get it on the water.

Rob

I’m an idiot!

– Last Updated: Mar-15-07 8:50 PM EST –

The Alaskan is a great canoe, but I didn't notice how narrow the front is compared to the other canoes I have had in the past. I mulled this over and over, and realized I wouldn't be happy with this boat and relatively narrow bow area. So I didn't paddle it and swapped it out for the Esquif Prospecteur 17. BMO was amazing about swaping the canoe out no questions asked. I'm an idiot and was saved by amazing customer service! It obviously is not the best choice for a duck hunting-take the retriever out canoe, but WOW it is incredibly well made and the lines are BEAUTIFUL! I'll let you know how it paddles after a couple of trips. I had wanted to take it out today, but the temp went from 71 going to get the canoe, to windy and 40's coming back. Hopefully next week.

Outstanding customer service
Glad to hear it worked out.

Love Esquif
They are making some great boats. You just can’t go wrong with a Prospector design, either. Much more versatile than the Bell, I believe. Congratulations.