Bell Flashfire weights? BG & WG

Thanks. Why not get a real WW boat?
For the twisty stuff and surf waves. A Millbrook Flashback or Rival would be much lighter than a Flash, especially if you have Kaz make it extra light.

http://www.gis.net/~johnkaz1/solo.htm

What rocker on Flashback?
Iā€™ve looked at them on the website before, but thereā€™s no pictures of the rocker and no rocker numbers.

Iā€™ve also never paddled a Flashback and have no idea how it handles compared to a Flashfire and if I could handle it. I really donā€™t need more rocker than a Flashfire has.

The Flashback sure is a deep bugger compared to a Flashfire. I bet it would be a hand full on a windy stretch of river.

I think that the price of a new Flashback compared to that of a used Flashfire was also a consideration.

Iā€™m a bit hesitant to buy a new boat of a model that Iā€™ve never tried and for which Iā€™ve never seen a review.

Thanks for bringing that boat back to my attention. It may bear further investigation.

I wouldnā€™t consider a Flashback. Donā€™t
know why Kaz keeps offering them. So many of his newer designs are as dry and more capable. The Rival is a more up-to-date boat to consider if one wants a roundish hull in the same general category as the Flashback.

The Flashback is still a nice boat, imo
It was probably the second ā€œshortā€ WW boat in composite. It doesnā€™t really have much rocker and can be paddled on the flats much better than a banana boat.

I agree the Flashbackā€™s time is past for hard core WW paddling. Yanoer doesnā€™t want a canoe for hard core WW cruising or slalom racing, but just something that turns well and is playful.

The Flashback is deep, too deep for a lake boat. Maybe Kaz could slice two inches off the top of the hull, a la Marc Ornsteinā€™s Batsto circumcision. That would lighten the boat even more.

The Flashback probably isnā€™t for Yanoer, but it is a very historic canoe.

Flashback
Just looked at this boat on Kazā€™ site. Looks very similar to my HD-1 from what I can see on the small pics.