Best Budget Paddle?

Well Frank
I used my 4 piece Aquabound Shred to shovel out 3ft of snow from my driveway. The storms should be done for a while today. You also illustrated a problem that beginning kayakers often get a paddle that is way too long when they are starting out. I am sure that 95% of us have upgraded our paddles or will and that we are happy we did.

Barbell paddle
What is tsunamichuck’s weight range for a non-barbell paddle?

Usually less than 35oz
The lighter the paddle, the better you will feel at the end of a long paddle. I like smaller blades for long trips too. I use a 215 Windswift about 32oz

cheap paddles
$100 will buy you a great Greenland Paddle ($15 will buy you the wood to make your own GP).

You’ll love it.

wade

Go used put an ad in te ad section
of P.net.

SierraTradingpost.com has some Prijon
paddles for sale. I just ordered one. They are reasonably light, roughly 35 oz. I just ordered a Blitz Ardeche, sort of a high-angle style. $96 bucks plus shipping for a well-designed paddle totataled out at about $113.

They have also been offering a Rough Stuff paddle, but when I tried to place an order, I was told they were “out.”

After our GP class at the Symposium
last fall, did you ever get a GP?

I just a got a new one by Don Beale that will see the water for the first time tomorrow.

the rough stuff paddles…
…have been listed for nearly a year.

Bending Branches Infusion Dream
has been a great paddle for kicking around all day in the keys , also have a crank, great color selection ,price and feel. Have the crank with red blades and they tend to “disappear” at dusk, so if visibility is a concern get the yellow or lime green. fresh water rinse and a liberal dose of "corrosion block " spray keeps them in excellent condition.affordable quality for aluminum.