Best canoe/kayak for solo with dogs?

Reality check
Well, I just thought I’d give an honest, humble update and say that I made the wrong choice in a boat. I’m probably going to sell the Hobie.

While it’s been a blast on the water, it’s really tough for me to handle off the water. I’m a pretty small person with not a lot of upper body strength, and it’s in my nature to be independent and go out on adventures on my own. The Hobie stretches my tolerance at 48 lb, and it’s a bear to get onto my SUV. By the time I get to the water, I’m pretty much exhausted.

Another feature that is becoming increasingly irksome to me is the “gadgety-ness” of the boat (I know that’s not a real word but it’s true!) I said this in my review too-- the Mirage drive, rudder, and such, add a lot of gadget features to the boat.

When I picture my ideal boat, I picture a lightweight, simply-built hull that I can put on one shoulder and effortlessly carry to the water. No frills, just silence on the water and a lot of zen time. For this reason, I think a Kevlar solo canoe is in my future. I’m going to take a lot of time in deciding on my next boat.

So I’ve thought extensively about selling the Hobie, and I think it’s for the best. Live and learn, I guess!

Dagger Tupelo
Did you sell your Dagger Tupelo or is it still available? If is is I would love to buy it. Please contact me

Regards

Hannah