Best Car for Kayaking

Dave, this might be one of the few

– Last Updated: Dec-23-10 10:19 AM EST –

things we agree on. I've had 3 Sable/Taurus wagons. After the first, I took a serious look at a 2 yr-old Volvo V90 w/ traction control - nice car. Almost did it until I stopped by the Ford dealer and he had 3 loaded late-model Sable wagons with under 12K on them for less than half the price of the Swedish car. I simply couldn't justify the difference in the projected cost/mile ratio. I'm gonna miss this last one (135,000 mi.) when it's gone.

The best car would be a belly tank
racer like those used on dry lakes or the Bonneville Salt Flats. Made from a surplus airplane belly fuel tank, these cars are shaped like a fishform kayak. You only have to get rid of the wheels, engine, etc., seal the hull, and put in a cockpit. BUT don’t expect much initial stability.

Mazda6 wagon in Australia
I find it strange that they no longer have the mazda6 wagon available in the U.S. as they are in available in Australia. They are also available here with a diesel engine which gives excellent economy.

I’ve had one for 3 years and my only complaint is the lack of ground clearance.

Kelvin

Scion xB
I am looking at the Scion xB.

For those that wanted a Camry Wagon, since 2008, the xB is on the Camry platform with the Camry Motor and Tranny.

I just recently found that out, and decided to give it another look.

Top Gear Show
Top gear test a few discontuinued GM products and the Road Master kicked butt!

You can paddle an amphicar
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33608333@N06/4999282830/in/pool-bestcars

and I imagine a double-bladed paddle would be even better.