Best GPS device for kayaking

IPX
IPX7 means it can be submersed to a depth of 1 mtr for 30 minutes. IPX8 is underwater use.

I returned a Garmin Map60c which had not been dunked because it was showing moisture on the inside of the screen. It started when I was on high lake at 8000’. The screen appeared to be porous. Garmin replaced the unit, gave me a new unlock code and removed my old unlock code.

Thanks for the input
Thanks for all the input. It helped. It sounds like the Bass Pro Shop would be a good place to go to purchase a GPS. I can compare models. I already have an electronics waterproof case, which it sounds like I should use regardless of the model. It will also help everything float if I drop it into the water.

Pete

Which GPS is Mac Compatible?
I have narrowed down the list thanks to your help. Which brands are Mac compatible? I like the Garmin 60CSx GPS Unit but it says it won’t be Mac compatible until later this year. Which of the maps you can download compatible with Mac? What do “built in basemaps” include?

Thanks,

Pete

The iTrack
Screen’s OK, but limited software and only one button…

Kayak?
I don’t know what to use in a kayak. I use a Garmin 60cx in my canoe. I like it a lot. Wet don’t bother it much.